Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

Saskatchewan Report

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by WaterFoulHunter, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Soggy Socks

Soggy Socks New Member

So did you have them processed there or back in the states? we flew up and getting them all back was really expensive. Thought of having them made into sausage there and shipping but dont know if that would be any cheaper or the better way to go.

2. Littleboots

Littleboots Senior Refuge Member

Just got back Saturday. Had a good trip Ducks a little slow plenty of big geese Snows pouring in Friday and Saturday

3. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Elite Refuge Member

Personally I would be very careful about this, in order to transport migratory game birds you need to have a wing attached. The only time you can take that wing off is when you reach your place of residence. A temporary camp/hotel/camper I would not consider a place of residence, so you will need to have a wing attached. That and you are crossing an international border with migratory game birds, no way to tell if that sausage is made up of 24 Canada Geese or 50 ducks (<-- over your procession limit), very likely that sausage would be seized and the hunters charged.

4. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Chris is right. Very tricky. I am sure, with the right documentation, it could be done, but I wouldn't play with it. Expensive to ship? Sure. Lose your license for 10 years? What is that worth?

5. WaterFoulHunter

WaterFoulHunter Refuge Member

Our outfitter cleaned the birds-breasted out with a wing attached- and we brought them back across the boarder like that. It was simple and easy. And while we had the freezer labeled with the contents, no one checked us at the crossing. It was just a simple, "Welcome home." I have a meat processor here that is making the sticks.

6. wavie

wavie Senior Refuge Member

7. Chris Benson

Chris Benson Elite Refuge Member

Yes, it can pretty easy to do if you have game shears. Just take the breast plate out and cut the ribs.

8. in2b8er

in2b8er Refuge Member

Not to hijack the thread, but I love my bird hutch. Every year I have buddies borrowing it to take on their nodak hunts.allows for a ton of more beer drinkin time

dougburris likes this.
  9. dougburris

dougburris Senior Refuge Member

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!