Saw My First Today!!

Discussion in 'South Dakota Flyway Forum' started by BirdJ, Nov 3, 2017.

1. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

Saw my first flock of geese today during daylight hours!!:grvn:grvn LOL Most of the time I have been hearing them at night about an hour after sunset for the last three nights.

Had some snow this morning but has all pretty much melted already but its been more rain this afternoon! This will slow the crops getting out of the fields but hope it won't be too long!! Need a bunch more too get out before a bigger push comes down out of the North and North East!!!!

2. BB-Shot

BB-Shot Elite Refuge Member

Have small snow here not much for geese lot's of ducks.

3. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Moderator Moderator Flyway Manager

We got three inches of snow here this afternoon.

4. nebgoosehunter

nebgoosehunter Senior Refuge Member

I drove from Martin to Scotland today and didn't see more than a dozen ducks. And they were all on one pond. Didn't see one flock in the sky but it was pretty windy out of the SE. I'm expecting to see some tomorrow and for sure Sunday before I head home.

5. BirdJ

Sounds like you still have open water over there BB? Not a problem with open water here with the lake and the river!!! Like I said in my earlier post, crops need to come out too help keep the birds here if they decide too stay?? Still have a bunch of flowers and a huge amount of corn still standing!!!!

6. BirdJ

Did a fair drive about yesterday and the farmers are finally getting their arse in gear getting crops out finally!!!! Didn't see one flock of geese or ducks yesterday but heard a bunch of snows a specks last night doing their nocturnal FLY BYE!!:mad:

Sounds like Manitoba's season is done already, haven't heard anything much about SAK. lately and ND. is getting ify!:(

7. BB-Shot

BB-Shot Elite Refuge Member

Yeah the lakes are open for now was a lot of duck around waiting for the final flights to come though not much for geese here no snows. We still have a good amount of standing corn ducks have been feed in the bean fields some corn. Sitting on water fly off water drop right into field not much look around for food.

8. Traxion

Traxion Elite Refuge Member

Fished south of pierre today. Plenty ofor snows specks and Canada's moving. A few ducks too. Lots of birds on water coming home. First good push

BirdJ likes this.
  9. BirdJ

Yea, there was a fair push yesterday. Saw a few flocks of geese coming into Pierre and a good number going to North Platte NE. also.:( I live about 2 1/2 miles just northeast of the Damn. Looks like there was a fair number coming down Oahe. Hopefully they will stick around since we don't have any snow here?? Having live decoys always helps too hold others.