SBE I Cycle Issue

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Decoyin Drake, Jan 31, 2018.

1. Decoyin Drake

Decoyin Drake Senior Refuge Member

I have a friend that has a SBE 1 giving him cycle issues recently. I own 3of them and dont have issues if I mount he gun corectly. 2 of mine have Sure Cycles.

Buddies gun has a Sure Cycle system and he has owned it for years with very little instance. He maintains and cleans it regularly. I tore down the bolt assembly and cleaned the receiver. A small amount of FP 10 on the rails and bolt rotation index the gun was good for one Hunt. 4 Shots no issues. The next hunt same issues. Thinking possible mag tube / Mag spring, dirty or weak spring.

Any additional thoughts?

2. Bwana1

Bwana1 Elite Refuge Member

That's about all it could be.

3. Grand Passage

Grand Passage Elite Refuge Member

I'd check the recoil spring/tube. Maybe order a new spring from Wolff, they only cost about $12 and will solve many cycling issues.

4. duckbuster5901

duckbuster5901 Senior Refuge Member

If you think its mag spring pull out and stretch and check tube for crud and light lube with clp. Also scrub chamber good with bore brush hooked in drill w solvent. Buttstock recoil spring can also be stretched and reinstalled. Should give you and idea if these were issues. If works time to replace those items for permanent fix.

5. JP

JP Elite Refuge Member

The bolt rails of SBE's are their Achilles Heel. Jeff @SureCycle once suggested keeping marine grade grease on them. Of course, this necessitates regular cleaning of the rails as grease is a great dust attractant.

6. mmayes

mmayes Diver Forum Mod Moderator

I will throw this one into the mix since it is an SBE I. I had cycling issues with mine and replaced the extractor claw and the problem went away.

Mayes

Last edited: Feb 5, 2018
  7. mudhen

mudhen Elite Refuge Member

Some smart guys on here!

New mag spring...

New recoil spring...

And I agree 100% on the extractor, they can lose their edge over time, get a new extractor spring at the same time...

8. Alldrakes

Alldrakes Elite Refuge Member

I just replaced recoil and mag spring in a friends SBE2 that after 4 years became a single shot even after being sent back to benelli 2 times. Wolff 25% extra springs in Recoil and Mag fixed it right up. Cycles perfectly now.