Sbe2 issue

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by need2hunt, Dec 27, 2017.

1. need2hunt

need2hunt Senior Refuge Member

So for the past year ive had problems with my sbe2 not ejecting the spent shell. The gun is 10 years old and 2 years ago i had to replace the ejector plate because it split into 2 pieces. After replacing it it work fine for about a year. Now the spent shell only comes about 3/4 the way out and then the next shell comes up and wedges against it. I have to take the gun apart to clear the spent shell. Ive read about many people replacing the recoil spring and tube but i dont believe thats the problem . I think the bolt is coming all the way back because the carrier is trying to feed the next shell. But maybe thats not how it works. Is it possible that i need another ejector plate? The one thats in there appears to be in normal shape. I better add that the only shell i have minimal problems with are 3"federals. Any other shell it jams every time. Any ideas?

2. duckme

duckme Elite Refuge Member

Maybe surecycle system would help. Always store your barrel down

3. ronaldo

ronaldo Senior Refuge Member

The carrier will try to feed another round because it is released from the magazine tube when the trigger is pulled, not when the bolt reaches a certain point in the cycle. Sounds like the spring and plunger in the buttstock may need cleaned and or replaced.

4. need2hunt

need2hunt Senior Refuge Member

Thanks for clearing that up for me. I've cleaned the gun to the point that i dont think it could be any cleaner. I've had the spring and plunger out of the stock 3 times this year cleaning and inspecting them. The first time it was filthy but the last 2 times it has been clean as a whistle. I've been reading now that usually its just the spring that needs replaced so i ordered a new 1 this morning to see if that helps.

ronaldo likes this.