SBE3

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by chop111, Sep 13, 2017.

1. chop111

chop111 New Member

Ok guys,All you guys that have a new sbe3,dove season and September goose has been in for a while now,how is the new gun shooting,are you all hitting with it?I really want one for X-mas,but I have read some bad things about it shooting 2 ft. high at 40 yards.I would like to hear from you all that have hunted with it,good or bad.

2. BAYDOG

BAYDOG Moderator- Diver, NY Forum, Refuge Classifieds Sponsor Moderator Flyway Manager

Phelps,New York (Heart of the Finger Lakes)
    Love mine, my POA@ 40 yards is a whopping 4 inches high and 4 inches to the left. I'll take it. Have run probably 1000 rounds through it, flawless.

3. mike rinehart

mike rinehart New Member

I just got rid of my sbe3. At 30 yards my pattern was 2 foot high. I tried 5 different chokes and loads. I have a friend who shoots competitively try it out. He said there was no way you could shim it enough. I sold it and went back to a sbe2. I loved the gun and got the first ones out. I know of 2 others had the same problem as mine. I love benellis but disappointed in this gun.

4. SB2MAG

SB2MAG Elite Refuge Member

Who did you sell it to? Did you explain to the buyer the issue you were having?

5. mike rinehart

mike rinehart New Member

yes I did. I told him I contacted benelli and they said to send it in. He offered to buy it at a discount after I told him how it shot.

ronaldo likes this.
  6. SB2MAG

SB2MAG Elite Refuge Member

That was nice of you.

7. Drake91

Drake91 New Member

I bought a sbe 3 back in March the gun is awesome... I have benelli vinci also they both patterned about 1 1/2'- 2' I did some shin adjustment got it down a alil bit... bought a kicks high flyer full choke an it's only about 6 inches high maybe alil more.... the factory extended chokes shot high the flush full was right where my kicks was cause I shot my Turkey this spring with it.... anyways from owning 2 benelli' s an playing with chokes an ammo seems my problems were solved from what choke suits the gun kicks worked great in both mine.... and for steel shot my benelli s don't like fast steel shot velocities 1500 fps an slower kept the pattern down an more dense... and it's all in the way people hold an look down their gun too all guns point an hold different... if you want one try it out I won't own anything but benelli

8. mike rinehart

mike rinehart New Member

Drake I never tried a kicks. I tried Carlson, hevishot, patternmaster,truelock, and factory chokes. I never tried shimming mine. I sold it to guy I know. He told me he played with the shims and like you got it to about 8 inches high. I think he said a kicks shot best after shimming also. You are right about guns holding and pointing different. I'm glad it worked out for you. They are nice guns.

Drake91 likes this.