Minnesota Flyway Forum Sponsors

Scheel's is coming to the metro area in a big way.

Discussion in 'Minnesota Flyway Forum' started by h2ofwlr, Mar 4, 2017.

1. h2ofwlr

h2ofwlr Elite Refuge Member

It's about time that they got a big presence in the metro area. Us outdoor sports people will all benefit!

http://www.swnewsmedia.com/eden_pra...cle_1bc4f7a5-5890-5a3b-9385-de96dcbd15e7.html

2. musher

musher Elite Refuge Member

Scheels are good stores. I try to stop in when I ever I get down to Grand Forks or Fargo.

3. Rogue Hunter

Rogue Hunter Elite Refuge Member

Guess their OK if you like premium to high pricing.

4. Ringbill

Ringbill Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

I haven't heard or seen one. What is their story? somebody said high priced? Can they be worse than Gander or Cabela's? I sure hope they aren't as crappy as Gander Mtn.!

Ringbill

5. musher

musher Elite Refuge Member

I think they started out in Fargo. I've been to them in Grand Forks and Fargo. Somewhat like a Reed's with sports stuff, baseball etc. Have some of there own branded equipment like layout blinds and clothing. I wore a bare of their winter bibs for years while racing sled dogs and they have held up very well, couldn't ask for more.

I've considered some of their stuff reasonable priced. Does everything match Rogers, probably not. But then again I only get down to the big city once or twice a year so what do I know.

6. Scout_mn

Scout_mn Senior Refuge Member

They are better priced the gander. The scheels in fargo is always packed the gander is always empty.

7. Marshmaster

Marshmaster Elite Refuge Member

I sure as heck hope they open sooner than the 2019 date listed in the article...............

8. prairie hunter

prairie hunter Elite Refuge Member

Scheels started in the Fargo area. Fargo remains the headquarters. It started as a hardware store and growing up it was a hardware store that branched out into athletic wear and outdoor rec gear. Seems like some 20 - 25 years ago they restructured into Sports superstores. Bought my first duck and goose decoys there and most of my guns purchased in HS and college days came from those stores.

Pricing was always hit or miss, but if you watch the sales ... they can be good. Definitely higher end now. Competition in the Metro (plus all the mail order places) is rather fierce. They should be able to make a push on DICKS and REI also.

Side note: Good friend of mine briefly dated a Scheels girl. Advantage of hanging out in MN lake country.

9. h2ofwlr

h2ofwlr Elite Refuge Member

I know I bought stuff from Scheel's in Fargo 25+ yrs ago and they had hunting gear, etc. I bought a ND atlas there that I still have today. It shows all the public lands, refuges, etc..

No it's not a blue color store because there are hardly any of them left so they are forced to cater to the white collar types.

How many blue collar people are left that have "expendable" money now compared to 30 yrs ago when there were a LOT of living wage jobs 30+ yrs ago compared to today's job market for so many machinists and other skilled workers?

Screw this "world" economy as it's the WORST thing that has ever happened to the USA for the average Joe and Jane blue color worker.

10. prairie hunter

prairie hunter Elite Refuge Member

Fargo Scheels the hunting section is upstairs and about as far away from the cash registers as you can get.

Go to women's shoes (with your wife, gf, daughter or just stalk around) and you will see why it is on the first floor and near the check out. They sell a lot of womens shoes and outdoor clothing.