Schraders in Maryland

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Rich5294p, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Rich5294p

Rich5294p Refuge Member

anyone here ever do a trip with them? Buddy and I just booked a trip for January. Was hoping to go later for the snow geese during the conservation order but he suggested we had friendcome earlier so January it is. Lol. Please give me your opinions if you have been or go or jut heard things about them. Can't wait. Thanks in advance.

Sprig Hunter likes this.
  2. easternshorerednek

easternshorerednek Elite Refuge Member

Have never hunted with him however I will say that he doesn't seem to have the best reputation on the Shore. I have heard multiple rumors that he will hunt blinds that he has leased out to private groups when they are not hunting. Also have heard he will try to lease mediocre properties for top dollar. (But I guess good for him if he gets the money) From what I understand he caters to the out of staters who do not know any better. Maybe a quick search on the Chesapeake Fourm will answer some questions for you. Perhaps try searching Ken Schrader. May turn out to be the best hunt of your life who knows. Good Luck

3. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

Good for you, looking forward to a good hunt. Might want to do a little research BEFORE booking a hunt though.

EvonManstein and hyper23 like this.
  4. Rich5294p

Rich5294p Refuge Member

I usually do a lot of research and like I said my buddy did the research I was looking for snows but always down for a good time. Worst case scenario is I'm out about $1000. Either way a nice road trip with a great friend and a couple of days off from work and away from the family is a score in my book.

5. easternshorerednek

If you want to hunt snows on Md Eastern Shore you want to book with Tuscarora Outfitters or Barneck Outfitters. Tell your buddy to do a little better research next time or post on the Chesapeake Fourm.

6. Rich5294p

Rich5294p Refuge Member

I did a quick search on the cheesie forum. Some good reviews and some not so good. Seemed to be a little mixed but what I saw was more to the better towards them as a guide. You seem to be pretty hard against them. Can you elaborate please

7. easternshorerednek

I can tell you this. I have been hunting the Eastern Shore for 15 years. Not as long as some but for being only 25 not to shabby. I have had many different conversations about hunting trips, hunting farms, hunting guides, and hunting related topics with countless amounts of people. Never heard 1 good thing about Schraders besides that they have one good Canada Goose hunting farm that they keep for themselves. I have heard from several people that he is all about the money and not about the experience. To me if I was paying for a guided hunt anywhere in the world I would not want my guides first priority to be money. I would want their first priority to be the same as mine, that being the love of being outdoors and appreciating the fact that we are blessed enough to be able to hunt. I know/hunt with a guy who used to take guided trips with Schraders and he even eluded in conversation that operation being all about the money and less about satisfying the clients. I also know personally a family who years ago rented a deer farm off Ken and was disappointed for many reasons with the farm and the way he handled his operation. That being said I will tell you again I have no first hand experience with them because I do not go on guided hunts. Years ago I did have a conversation with him about some farms he had for lease and immediately got the feeling I was going to be screwed. He wasn't polite and didn't seem friendly, I actually got the impression I was bothering him even asking about the farms for lease. Go on the hunt, possibly prove what I am saying to be wrong, and come back to this thread and give us an update. Things and people change and like I said before it could turn out to be the best hunt of your life. If you do not get the answers your looking for on this thread post a similar thread over on the Chesapeake Fourm and see what feedback you receive there.I have been monitoring this website for years and I would expect over there you would receive similar feedback to what I have provided and many responses might be based off of first hand experience. Good Luck

As far as Tuscarora Outfitters, Never hunted with them either but know plenty of people who have. Never heard one negative feedback. Seen that crew set up in fields and have seen them eating at some of the same places I go. Operation seems first class. If you have time research them also.

8. Rich5294p

Rich5294p Refuge Member

Thanks for the reply. All the stuff I saw in the cheesiest seemed pretty I will start a thread there saw ell

9. GUNNERX2

GUNNERX2 Elite Refuge Member

In the cups are ya?

10. EasternShoreGuy

EasternShoreGuy Refuge Member

Ive never hunted with them before. They didn't care for boundaries when they ran a farm next to one I hunted, as they were constantly over on the wrong side "by accident"