Schraders in Maryland

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by Rich5294p, Oct 27, 2016.

1. Rich5294p

Rich5294p Refuge Member

Ok so we just got back last night. Had a great time and I would go back again. Everything I've been told on the forum about schraders turned out to be not what I saw going on. My guide worked his *** off for us and we were able to get birds. Wasn't epic by any means but some days birds won't cooperate. Kenny and the rest of the staff seemed very nice and genuine. I am sorry that others have had bad expierences or heard bad things but I personally did not see any evidence of any wrong doing while I was there. Matter of fact there was several parties in camp and all are repeat customers and couldn't have been happier as to there present and past visits.

2. eagle rider

eagle rider Refuge Member

New guy here and I was at Shraders,... in fact 4' away from Rich5294p for three days. The operation was as good as any that I have seen. They are honest and sincere people. Overall I'd say money well spent. Mother nature rules the day more than not when waterfowl hunting, we all know that. We had really uncooperative warm fronts. The guide we had Dave C. damn near blew his lungs out in an effort to coax in birds. He's a world class caller. We had a great setup but it was just too warm and bird loafed all day. The river blind on the Corsica River we hunted was a great ambush site, win some.... loose some, we also had a 33 year member of the Baltimore FD along with us "Pops". Super guy! Day two we were on Canda's on their Home Farm property. 300 decoy spread in an A Frame Blind with two other hunters, both Iraqi Veterans. It was our honor to hunt along with them. Our guide was out until 1:00 AM setting the field. We shot limits on big migrators by 10:30. Back at the clubhouse we met Kenny. I found him to be honest and sincere. We spoke openly to him about things we heard about him and his business operation. Like most other things in life, there are at least 3 sides to every story. A few things he said to us struck a chord. He nobody ever looses a deposit with Shraders, and he flat out told us that he wouldn't let us join his Waterfowlers Club because we live too far away to benefit from it. Only a reputable guy run his company that way IMO. Last point, today Col. Oliver North and Gen. James, Mad Dog, Mattis are goose hunting at Shraders. I'm guessing they have staffs that have the full story on everyone.