Score

Discussion in 'Big Game Hunting Forum' started by Dean Nelson, Nov 12, 2015.

1. nobrownducks

nobrownducks Senior Refuge Member

You are right on here. Deep forks and tine length are much more important in scoring. Mass looks good though and can add 5-6 inches to a score.

2. Dean Nelson

Dean Nelson Moderator Goose Hunting/North Dakota Moderator

Well you guys are pretty good at this... he taped out at 181 4/8.

[​IMG]

Kimmie and Berganser like this.
  3. nobrownducks

nobrownducks Senior Refuge Member

4. H2OFoul

H2OFoul Senior Refuge Member

Very nice buck ! Question - Is your buck alive in the top photos of your first two posts? How did you manage to get those pics?

5. Dean Nelson

Dean Nelson Moderator Goose Hunting/North Dakota Moderator

The buck had taken two shots both going through both shoulders and destroying both lungs. It took about ten minutes to get to where I had last seen him and I was shocked he was still alive. He wasn't moving much but enough to trigger me to put a third round into him in his hart this time. Took out the phone to snap a couple pics when all of a sudden he poped his head up and tried to get up. The last pic was about 10 seconds later as he did his last big exhale and tipped over. Not a huge fan of the live shot but they are the only ones that gave any real perspective of his headgear. I have no idea how the hell he was still alive he was shot getting ready to bed down so he didn't have any adrenaline and I was only able to salvage about a 1/4 of the front shoulders the blast wounds were so bad so he should have been done for awile by the time it got there but some how wasnt.