Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Scouting report

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by Peregrine, Sep 21, 2000.

1. Blue Duck

Blue Duck Elite Refuge Member

Nice photo IDBrian, not making it any easier to wait. 8 days and counting. Been scouting several of the lakes up here in the north and I think there are more birds around then any opener I can remember. Iam looking forward to the weekend opener to be over. Ill go just because I couldn't stand not going, but the first two days are a zoo. Then it settles down and we can really do out thing.

2. grnwng

grnwng Senior Refuge Member

Blue Duck,just wondering if you've been up by the Pend Orielle river yet this year? I have not had any time to check it out yet.

3. Blue Duck

Grnwng... NO I haven't been there for quite a while. The last time I drove through there was probably July. Do you hunt there? I have a cabin and some property near Clark Fork so I generally hang around the north end of Pend Oreille lake and the Clark Fork delta.

4. grnwng

grnwng Senior Refuge Member

I hunt over by morton slough, usualy its pretty good. Lots of mallards last year! Hows the hunting up by Clark Fork? Did some hunting at Pack river where it comes into the lake 2 years ago and only got a couple, so I found somewhere a little closer to home. With gas prices the way they are it helps to keep the wife happy.

5. Blue Duck

I was always going to hunt Morton slough but keep hanging with what I know. The hunting can be real good anywhere between Clark Fork and Lightning Cr. but when they are letting the water out it drops pretty fast. Can have a good shoot one day and a week later it high and dry. Later in the year I hunt CDA Lake more as well as Chatcolet. They can all be good. Seems like every year is a little different.