SEA ARK DUCK HAWK 16FT

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by fireduck, Jun 2, 2018.

1. fireduck

fireduck Elite Refuge Member

I have a 2000 Seaark Duck Hawk 16ft. Boat has a 3 person bench seat that sits long ways in boat. Can this bench seat be removed without any damage to boat? The extra room sure would come in handy! Thanks fireduck (Kenny)

2. Fowl-Action

Fowl-Action Senior Refuge Member

I removed the back bench on my MV1652 Seaark and it was not structural at all, but its obviously a different model and set up then you have. If your boats like mine then all the structural integrity is in the ribs and transom but I would say the only way to know for sure would be to call Seaark and ask.

3. duckbuster5901

duckbuster5901 Senior Refuge Member

If that seat was an option in that hull its probably safe to remove without affecting structural integrity. Sounds like what your talking about is a gun/rod bx. type seat. Is it welded or riveted in place?

4. fireduck

fireduck Elite Refuge Member

It has 7 allen screws on both sides of box. I would agree calling it a gun box or rod box with 3 swivel seats on top. Will these holes need to be filled? I would like to put it back in the boat at the end of the season. Thanks Kenny

5. duckbuster5901

duckbuster5901 Senior Refuge Member

I,m assumeing screws thread into either rear seat and front platform or ribs. I,d just put a little never seize on them and thread back into holes till time to replace seat in fall. Won,t get lost then! On the other hand if those screws pierce outer hull need to do something a little different, but I can,t imagine thats the case!