seaark performance

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by Offtheshelf, Feb 10, 2018.

1. Offtheshelf

Offtheshelf New Member

My only concern with putting a motor that exceeds the coast guard limit is what it would do insurance wise? I think tiller steer on the 1872 is 80 hp. That 1860 has to be a rocket with that 90 on it!

2. Boost1

Boost1 Senior Refuge Member

Get the 20 and put a 140 Suzuki on it and be done. Buy once, cry once.

awaldro7 likes this.
  3. Offtheshelf

Offtheshelf New Member

Little update on getting the 2072 with side console. After picking all the options for the sea ark to make it compatible for my wife and my duck hunting, it's almost gotten away from my initial intent. We decided to keep the other boat for taking kids out etc, and I will look at the duck boat I originally was thinking about. I'm thinking the 1872 with a 70 hp Suzuki tiller steer. It's rated for a 80 hp, but no-one makes one that I can find. I know some have larger motors on theirs, but I want to stay tiller. What kind of speed and performance can I expect with 3 guys and a dog? I know I was also considering a 2072 with a 90, but where do you draw the line? The 1872 I think will fit me better, and I can get stay somewhat in my self imposed budget.

4. Sorny

Sorny Senior Refuge Member

upper 20's 30mph with a full load is what I would say.

5. awaldro7

awaldro7 New Member

I agree with Sorny