Seaducks in Mass this weekend and next week

Discussion in 'New England Flyway Forum' started by dzkritzas, Jan 3, 2018.

1. dzkritzas

dzkritzas New Member

Headed to Mass this weekend for a couple of days hunting seaducks... Especially interested to see what this weather will bring in or push out. Hoping to have timed it just right with this arctic blast no idea though...

Any suggestions on gunning these suckers down and what to expect from them?
    i plan to shoot 3.5" 2&3s.
    i believe we will be hunting out of a boat and a layout.

any tips or suggestions will be appreciated on what to expect from someone way down south...

2. bill finn

bill finn Senior Refuge Member

Wear your long underwear!!

3. Mr.Bones

Mr.Bones New England Moderator Moderator

Going to be cold - dress to stay warm (layers) and Dry. Good gloves and boots will be a must.
    I’m assuming your going with a guide - would ask him what else you will need for clothing.
    Shooting wise - I have found shooting 3” works for me as that is the normal shell I use throughout the season - 2’s and BB’s again work for me but I would defer to your guide.

We are getting a pretty good snowstorm today - if your traveling, keep that in mind.

4. dzkritzas

dzkritzas New Member

thanks, We plan to travel Saturday. We are going with a guide, and he's given us some good tips as well. Just didnt know what to expect going after Eiders, Scotors, Old Squaw. Also wondering how this storm will effect the birds for our hunts. Looking for all the seaducks along with Greater Scaup, Goldeneyes, and Black Ducks.

Any suggestions on great places to eat (recommended by locals) for seafood aka Lobster Rolls, soups, etc... we will be in the Boston area.
    Also any other places to visit would be appreciated we will have 1 free day. Is there a waterfowl museum or anything?