Season pictures, stories, etc.

Discussion in 'Youth Forum' started by Brady_Botkin, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Brady_Botkin

Brady_Botkin Senior Refuge Member

Well, I think just about everyone's season is over for good, besides maybe late snow goose season for some, not happening for me in California. Post up some pics guys, tell your stories, I want to hear how your 2010/2011 season went.:tu

2. LJBerry

LJBerry Refuge Member

All around good season for me on my first hunt this season i got a band that was banded a month ago!:grvn Then seventen ducks later another band!!!:yes Then not much happening for a long while.:(:cryThen on the last few days we had a fun liitle hunt second to last day and last day we went to place that is hush hush my dad would get:mad: if i told it on this and shot my first diver:cry. And had another fun litle hunt and that was it ill post more if i remember.

3. Brady_Botkin

Sounds like you had better luck with the bands then I did. Only seen one taken, which was the first hunt this year shot by a friend. I don't think he's received the info. back still, but was an older hen mallard. First diver, what type of bird was it? Don't discriminate, they're still fun to shoot, just taste like garbage. :l
    I personally couldn't tell you how many birds I had taken this past year, well over 150.

Attached Files:

4. LJBerry

LJBerry Refuge Member

Looks like you guys didn't have to bad of a season yourselfs. Both band were banded locally and the diver was a ringneck.

5. thrdshot

thrdshot Refuge Member

opening day was slow for use here in ohio. Well, in terms of big ducks.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

we usually don't shoot those but they were there and we were bored

P.S. they aren't bad if you wrap them in baccon and smoke them:)

The second day wasn't much better for use.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

This was from the first snow day of the season. wasn't a ton of action but I wouldn't give it up for the world.
    [​IMG][/IMG]

then we had a warm patch for a while and my friends and I found ourselfs on a beaver dam!
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Then it got cold and froze the lake by my house up over night. This was the last day we were able to hunt my blind. It was also ower second snow day. Had a he** of a time with the ramps that morning(6 -8 in of snow). We couldn't keep those water chickens out of the spread. Once we found out they didn't taste bad. We started thinning out the flocks on the lake. Hahahaha. Had a few mallards work us that day to. never missed a bird. we got all of those water chicken out of one flock 6 shots for 13 coots. I couldn't beleave my eyes when the smoke cleared....I shot one time and 6 hit the water...personal best.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    one of the best snow days my friend and I ever had. the rest of the boys didn't want to get up at 4 in the morning when the super intendent called off school. to say the least they all were kicking themselfs.

6. thrdshot

thrdshot Refuge Member

got this big boy the following weekend after freeze up!
    [​IMG][/IMG]

then the last day it was -12 and the wind was howling. the boys and I Decided we weren't going to miss this, it didn't matter how cold it was. got all 7 of these in 30 minutes. had a ball. learned that it is never to cold to go duck busting!
    [​IMG][/IMG]

heres a couple of pics of my Blinds
    [​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

All those ducks and water chickens never new what hit them. hahaha

7. Brady_Botkin

few more pics. My pup and my first canvasback [​IMG]

limit of ducks and a few snows
    [​IMG]

Youth hunt 2011
    [​IMG]