Alabama Flyway Forum Sponsors

season so far

Discussion in 'Alabama Flyway Forum' started by olivedrab, Dec 31, 2003.

1. timber71

timber71 Moderator<br>Alabama Forum

the season sucks for me.
    probably a 3 on the scale for me. yeah ive shot some big ducks here and there but for the most part it aint what any GA. hunter or any other out of state hunter should come to alabama for.:mad:

HERE LATELY i really havent had much time to go since ive been working at the taxidermy shop and working my normal job. but i bet you i go and shoot a few more bucks!:rolleyes: may have to do a hunter choice day in there !!:l

2. mrgadwall

mrgadwall Elite Refuge Member

7 but starting to go downhill (shutout yesterday for the first time this year). . . we've had a real consistent year, no great hunts but killing 2-4 birds per man every time out . . . that's fine for me, I just don't have the time to scout properly or do the all-day hunt so I have to take what I can get

3. frank the duck

frank the duck Senior Refuge Member

its been about a 5 for me i guess........me and my group.... which is anybody that i take....... have killed 64 ducks and a goose.......only 18 birds have come off public...it absolutlely sucks....we have a private beaver pond we have hunted 5 times and are averaging 9 birds per hunt with 46 ducks coming off of it.....the least we have killed on it is 6...so not too bad..,,,,but if i didnt have my private place oh man it would suck.....we try to hunt it once a week so i jes kill time on public land killing nothing during the week....

frank the duck

4. timber71

timber71 Moderator<br>Alabama Forum

aint nuttin like shootin them beaver ponds/ swamps :D

we got a good number of mallards and woodies on one of our beaver ponds that we are saving for a kill em all hunt. will take one guest and who will it be:confused:

5. RB

RB Elite Refuge Member

I'm guessin RB:D

6. Quack Attack

Quack Attack Elite Refuge Member

Last season at this point I would have rated it a 1.
    Guess I would go around 2.5 to 3.
    Not killing a lot of ducks of late but we have already exceeded last years total # of other birds(if you don't count woodies) and mallards.
    It's been good for 3 or 4 ducks on average out of my blind and we almost always get to work on some mallard meat even if it's not harvested. Best day we've had so far was 16 which included 10 mallards. To top that off, not a single bird flew out of the decoys.
    I guess I'm one of those strange birds that just enjoys the entire aspect of duck hunting. Water, flooded fields, decoys, calls, blinds, shooting the bull with buds annd especially the harvest of our beloved quarry. I guess I would go even if the limit was reduced to one per day.

7. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

no, most of us enjoy the entire aspect of duck hunting. But, after hunting your *** off and not killing ****, it sure makes it hard to keep getting up every morning at 3:30am to go look at empty skies.

8. Quack Attack

Quack Attack Elite Refuge Member

Well, that's for sure, but that's what seperate's hunters from shooters in that you're out there regardless on the days you have available.
    Those who are suffering through the lean times will enjoy the good even more if/when it happens.
    I, for one, will be beside myself when we get a good push after the last couple of years.

9. duckwho

duckwho Senior Refuge Member

timber, now would probably be a good time to have an online auction or raffle.

10. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

oh, I will certainly be out there regardless. But no one can deny that the presence of ducks during a *duck* hunt is very motivating to wanna do it again the next morning :p