seeing any snows??????

Discussion in 'Arkansas Flyway Forum' started by QUACKHEAD007, Dec 26, 2003.

1. QUACKHEAD007

QUACKHEAD007 Elite Refuge Member

ok guys now before you jump me let me say a few words..........im a yankee..........yes i know........no im not going to go hunt your field if you say you've see some snows..........ok now that thats over;) :l

a guy that lives up here that owns land in your neck of the woods invited us to go shoot some snows..........a bunch of us illinoisians are gonna be headed for arkansas on the first or second week of february near Walnut Ridge and i was just wondering if you've been seeing snows in arkansas period........we still got a ton of snows around here right now.........i dont care where your are just wondering..........also is that a good time of year to be going because regardless thats the week were gonna have to be down there

hope your guys seasons have been going well:)........thanks

aaron

2. olduckhunter

olduckhunter Elite Refuge Member

i drive 63/412 every week or so going from my home here to my home in mo. and i usually see from one to three fields with snows in them east of walnut ridge. don't know where your friends land is in relation to the highway so i wouldn't know how close the snows are to his land. they are around that area till they head back north. you usually see them in the air moving to whatever field they are going to around 10:00 and 3:00. at least that's when i've seen the most flying one bunch after another for as far as you can see.

olduckhunter

3. MALLARD MAGICIAN

MALLARD MAGICIAN Elite Refuge Member

Don't really matter what we got here now, these ain't doing you NO good if'in' you won't be here until Feb.

Not to worry though, they will be thick as ticks come Feb., always are. Good Luck.

4. snapp

snapp Elite Refuge Member

they will be in this area come february :)

5. Big Gumbo

Big Gumbo Elite Refuge Member

10,000 to 15,000 as of this very morning, Wapanocca NWR, Turrell AR. Saw plenty elsewhere, too.

6. scott phillips

scott phillips New Member

Saturday morning about 11 there appeared to be a snow goose migration going over Clay County near Hickoria heading towards Greene County. No ducks around there.
    I have had some of my best snow goose hunts in late Feb. and in March. They will be here.

7. Carolina Duckman

Carolina Duckman Elite Refuge Member

Just a few!:rolleyes: Took this about two weeks ago out side West Memphis.

[​IMG]

8. snapp

snapp Elite Refuge Member

good photo!!!