Sept 2013

Discussion in 'Alaska Flyway Forum' started by cococreek, Jan 21, 2013.

1. cococreek

cococreek Senior Refuge Member

I have a moose hunt scheduled for Sept
    Gonna bring the wife and my dad up and we're planning staying in Anchorage area for 7-9 days before I fly out for the hunt and them heading home.
    We'd like to get in 2-3 fishing trips during that week as well do a little sight seeing
    Any recommendations for fishing guides, Halibut, salmon, dolly varden grayling and such, cant catch any of those in Louisiana

thanks

2. Ray

Ray Senior Refuge Member

There will be silvers in the rivers unless they don't show up again like last year.

For the best options fishing wise I would look at the Kenai. Find a guide to float the upper river with for fly fishing rainbows and dollies. Then fish the lower river by motor boat for silvers and rainbows/dollies.

There are several posts on here with recommendations over the years for saltwater trips. Seward would be the spot. Tourist season starts dropping off in early September so there could be deals to be had.

3. cococreek

Thanks for the reply, seems Seward is the place to start,, day in seward, Day in Homer day at kenai river then back to anc

4. quackerduck

quackerduck Senior Refuge Member

I was up ther this past Sept . If you go to Homer stay at Lands end with a water view. They have plenty of charters out of there. In Seward they have sight seeing boats going out for glacier and nature . We took one it was great. Best bet go to Alaska tourism and have them send you info for all the towns you may hit. They have list in them for every thing . Food hotels fishing guides just to name a few. Good luck I will be back this Oct . As for me ,Moose Tooth Pizza in Anc

5. cococreek

Thanks for the info