Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Serious questions

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by baker aka goosenut, Mar 11, 2008.

1. baker aka goosenut

baker aka goosenut Elite Refuge Member

Wrong my azz start hunting honkers the way snows are hunted and what do you think the outcome would be. This is not he topic anyway.

2. baker aka goosenut

Just what i thought a money maker and a great way to sell more licenses tickets and all sort of good stuff. Good luck kill them all i dont even like them white birds anyway.:tu

3. MALLARD MAGICIAN

MALLARD MAGICIAN Elite Refuge Member

goosenut, what is your thoughts? is the 1.4 million at squaw a number you believe in or not?

band's answer was sort of a yes, kinda. where do you stand?

4. Nodak Duke

Nodak Duke Senior Refuge Member

Still waiting a reply, Bandman... :tu

5. bubba ducky

bubba ducky Elite Refuge Member

There is no reason to hunt honks like some jump snows. They decoy!!!! young and old ones. And like you said, IN YOUR AREA!!!! Is that the midwest or the west coast??? Totally different animal there. How many millions are in "your area"? Do you see the amount of birds that MO, IA, NE, SD, and ND, and even MN and IL are seeing good #'s??? I doubt it:confused:

It's pretty easy to decoy 50 snows to the ground, but try that when they all play follow the leader out of the refuge and fly in groups of 50,000.

Honks are about the easiest bird to decoy of all in my eyes. Pretty simple, watch them the night before, and set up on 'em in the morning and finish in an hour. Must be different breed or smarter than the average honker in the midwest then. :nutz Even the little honks decoy 1000 times better than most snows.

6. baker aka goosenut

Howe long have you watched a feild full of honks and scouted them maybe still in the feild 1 week latter. Where does a snow ever get a chance to return to the same feild more then once to gain a pattern never. That is why snows are harder to hunt. You put pressure on any animal and they will become tough to hunt. There are places i know about where i can go to hunt honks and they might not of been shot at for over a month can you say that about snows. These birds are hunted way to much give a bird a rest. Mallard i wasnt at squaw creek to witness the birds so i would have to say its just a number who knows what 1.4 million looks like anyway. I was in the rainwater basin and i know i saw hundreds of thousands of birds every day. Maybe if some of you snow goose hunters knew how to hunt these birds they wouldnt be populating so fast.

7. Allan

Allan Elite Refuge Member

Why in the world do you guys argue with logic like this? Everybody knows "honkers are 10 times smarter than snows!" :rolleyes: :l :z

8. Band Man

Band Man Elite Refuge Member

Ok So first all the reports and articles are saying that the artic is in horrible shape, lead hunters to believe that somthing needs to be done quickly when infact thats not the case:confused:

Thats just the funny thing about it. Reports that were posted on this very thread lead people to believe that the CO would take about 10 years if the quota's were met, and they were. Now everyone is saying that it will take much much longer. :no

Ok so now snows are in danger but not too much danger.... They are in enough danger to allow a CO, but a year round hunt would be too stressfull on them ?????? And we cant have a more liberal limit on them during the regular season because it might some how, some way hurt other populations :confused:

I dont see anything posted below :confused

9. Josh Michaelis

Josh Michaelis Elite Refuge Member

Maybe if we didnt have a bunch of hippies from nevada that went snow goose hunting once and have decided they are experts ******in every damn time we jump shoot a couple hundred because thats not how their pappy did it we wouldnt have to sit here and defend outselves on the internet and we would have time to kill a few more.

I feel sorry for the poor basturd that had to guide you two numbnuts

10. Band Man

Band Man Elite Refuge Member

Nodak, Im asking questions I believe to be important. I never stated to be a snow goose expert, I just see some things that dont add up with the CO, I might not be getting my questions across on paper, because too many things are trying to be disscussed at one time. If you are tired of reading my posts take your happy azz on a different thread:tu