Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Serious questions

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by baker aka goosenut, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Band Man

Band Man Elite Refuge Member

Nodak show me the exact page in the dictionary where Ugally is spelled Ugly :l :grvn

Nodak I havent been bad mouthing anyone. Last time i checked you were doing the bad mouthing:rolleyes:
    That just you reading too much into it.

PEOPLE I TOLD YOU THIS THREAD WAS DESIGNED TO REEL SOME PEOPLE IN. IF YOU CANT ACCEPT THAT IM SORRY :l
    Fact of the matter is this is the biggest thread on this snowgoose forum in a very LONNNG TIME. Thats sad.

Nodak I dont really have the much desire to learn more about snows, the only time i get to hunt them is up in canada. I have NEVER been on a CO snow goose hunt and have no desire to go. If it floats your boat then more power to ya.

My Love is ducks and dark geese. I know hardly anything about snows. We dont see many out here.

My real views on snow CO hunts:
    I think that the CO is probally a great way to start taking away some of the population. I dont know if it will work im not the expert. hopfully it does.

Is funny that even after sombody tells you guys this was a hook line sinker gig you still choose to argue FACTS :l

2. ksgoosekilr

ksgoosekilr Elite Refuge Member

So baker why do you say this?

Then in your next post put this

So which one is "smarter" or "harder to hunt" :confused:

3. baker aka goosenut

baker aka goosenut Elite Refuge Member

Even though i caught my limit and knocked the numbers down on dummies. I will throw the bait again. I beleive if honkers where hunted in the same manner as snows they would be just as smart or smarter then snows. Why are snows dumb enough to sit on a pond and get flock shot all across the country and honkers are at the park eating bread living the good life:nutz . Let this thread die it was fun while it lasted. All you snow killers should be out helping the artic and not on the interent fighting with a couple of dummies from nevada.;) Go get em boyz there only gonna be around for another month or so.:l :l

4. Slowmo

Slowmo Senior Refuge Member

Damn this is a long thread. I have to add my two cents, but shoot me b/c I didn't have time to read everything. Let me preface this by saying I'D 10X RATHER SHOOT GEESE OVER DECOYS BUT

#1 We cripple 4x the geese over decoys as we do when creeping/sneaking. Our recovery rate is over 95 percent (of those birds that don't immediately take flight) b/c of the way we do it, and they just can't hide. It takes much more energy for the geese to take flight than to continue flight, and we catch them on the ground with 4 wheelers dogs etc.

#2 This was our best year ever shooting geese over decoys. We crushed them by all estimations. Why would anyone ever want to take this away? I spent a fortune on decoys, shells, fuel etc. It's good for the economy. I can't wait to take my son when he gets older. I've almost abandoned duck hunting to shoot snows now b/c we can kill so many more, and many other people have too. It's got to be good for the duck population.

5. afdomsch

afdomsch Senior Refuge Member

Look all, I have a very serious apology to make to an outfitter and then to all of you. Sometime ago, I gave bad press to Up North Outdoors. For some reason I said that the guide was calling shots awful high. This couldn't be further from the truth. Of the 134 geese we took in 2-1/2 days all were well inside effective range of steel, most were within what I consider decoy range 20-30 yards and all shooting started when at least a few were cupped with feet down and on their way to finishing. I don't know if I meant to say that he called shots on birds that had dropped into range from distances that I couldn't believe because that did happen quite often. I don't know if I knew what I meant because I was fairly crocked. The guide I recommeded in their stead I would not recommend to anyone ever again. Over the phone and on the computer I had been dazzled by a true discount salesman who know what to say and had all kinds of pictures. It was absolutely stupid to recommend that guy without hunting with him but I am a naive corn-fed MO boy that probably would have believed the man if he told me he had a cure for cancer. I couldn't see how someone could survive 11 years without having spreads and a call that would actually get birds to decoy but I guess if you're the lowest bidder there'll always be a good crop of suckers like myself that will at least try you the first time. Anyway Tracy Northup and his people were more accomodating that most of my closest friends and they definitely knew what they were doing. They are higher than some but you get what you pay for. I don't know why I said what I said because the hunt I had with them was the craziest most amazing experience with waterfowl I've ever had. It's just a shame it's not a poor man's sport anymore because that's what I am. Sorry for the bad info.

6. Rick_Walls

Rick_Walls Senior Refuge Member

ugly �� (gl) KEY �

ADJECTIVE:
    ug�li�er , ug�li�est
    Displeasing to the eye; unsightly.

Repulsive or offensive; objectionable: an ugly remark.
    Chiefly Southern U.S. Rude: Don't be ugly with me.
    New England Unmanageable. Used of animals, especially cows or horses.
    Morally reprehensible; bad.
    Threatening or ominous: ugly black clouds.

Likely to cause embarrassment or trouble: "Public opinion in both nations could take an ugly turn" (George R. Packard).
    Marked by or inclined to anger or bad feelings; disagreeable: an ugly temper; an ugly scene

:tu

7. Josh Michaelis

Josh Michaelis Elite Refuge Member

He was being sarcastic......

8. dukker

dukker Elite Refuge Member

Talk about skewed numbers...:rolleyes:

:tu On this thread...

Bandman has 26 posts

Baker has 20 posts

Nice job fellers... gave me sumthin to do for the morning since my white decoys are covered with white snow:(