Should I or not?

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by Fsbirdhouse, Jan 2, 2018.

1. AvianQuest

AvianQuest Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

I don't know why folks insist on calling crawfish mudbugs. They aren't bugs anymore than lobster are saltwater mudbugs.

Any why does it have to be nutria rat. It's just nutria.

2. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

Selenium.There was a big Superfund meeting here a few years ago I was on the same flight. Once they found out where I lived they wanted to make me a millionair+ Quotee filing a suit against Simplot. American Falls turns green from Simplot. Some day Simplots dumping in the Portneuf will stop.. There is a good reason Simplot and FMC built on tribal lands .
    Ive tried to find the hot spots on Ririe, Just didnt do well.

Pm go to inbox top right then start conversation

3. salthunter

It was so much easier to by shellfish oil.
    We used bullheads for bait, cut into 2 inch long, then put in Icecream pails with beaver castor and proplyne/ glycerine mix

4. Seth Gallamore

Seth Gallamore Refuge Member

You could always put all those in a low country boil...which also has you potatoes corn and your seasoned water can’t beat it

stevena198301 likes this.
  5. sdkidaho

sdkidaho Decoy, Gun Dog, Christian, Idaho, Montana/Wyoming Moderator Flyway Manager

Salt answered, but another method is to click on the persons name, then click on "Start Conversation".

6. Duck_Hunter_TX

Duck_Hunter_TX Senior Refuge Member Supporting Member

I would eat and probably enjoy what you scribed, but I predict I’d probably end up making it in the future with two of the three you mentioned for example, shrimp and crab or crab and mudbug. I’m sure it would be great with all three, but I’d probably trim it down to two at a time. I love crab, shrimp and mudbugs though.

Roy G. likes this.
  7. Fsbirdhouse

Fsbirdhouse Senior Refuge Member

I hate Simplot now almost as much as I hated FMC back in the day.
    I had to take calls out to both back when I still worked out of the Fitters Hall before retiring.
    Nasty, nasty places both.
    Glad FMC is gone. Used to be a big green cloud drifted miles to the North from it.

On another note; I have no idea where they were catching the Crayfish at Ririe, but they got tubs full. Enough to feed the whole trailer park at 7N ranch/Heise.
    I wouldn't make a special trip there for crayfish, but the place has other species I'm interested in.
    Maybe have to try Gem lake. I can always spend time waiting while trolling there as well.

8. seiowa

seiowa Elite Refuge Member

You’re 110% correct. I used to be one of those idiots who truly believed my time and elbow grease was “free”.

9. salthunter

An easy way to cook!
    I use to do boils and as a too long time single guy crock pot dinners
    Im kind of a flavor freak. I like my chili so I can taste each ingredient. Onion still taste like onion, different peppers still have their flavor .
    Not that boils and crockpot dinners aren't tasty I like the individual flavors within.
    I was there too.
    We made our own baits and lures, I n the day we started buying fish oil from Docs' in Iowa, $80 for a 55 gallon drum plus drum deposit. then bottling and selling what we would never use.