Idaho Flyway Forum Sponsors

Shouldn't be long

Discussion in 'Idaho Flyway Forum' started by Duck-Slayer, Oct 27, 2016.

1. salthunter

salthunter Moderator Moderator

That may change starting tonight
    Im planning on a fresh influx of birds for Saturday,.. Finally. I heard some geese moved in along park of the Snake,.. But those could just be geese that bumped up or down the river

2. Jacob Hyer

Jacob Hyer Elite Refuge Member

agree with you this morning thousands of honkers coming off the refuge... noticed BC and Alberta is now freezing up during the day... shouldn't be long...

3. seal

seal Elite Refuge Member

Ahhhhh yes.....just in time for every moron in the world to have a 4 day weekend lol.

4. salthunter

I took a short ride today. Seemed to be a bunch of new mallards. Im going in the morning.

5. Jacob Hyer

Jacob Hyer Elite Refuge Member

lol... I'm just Praying for 20+ MPH winds, that always seems to keep some off the water... watched 2 boats pull away from the ramp this weekend because of the wind...

6. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Nary a new duck in my area this morning.

7. fowlogic

fowlogic Senior Refuge Member

8. salthunter

Ive heard there are ducks at the higher elevations. Lots of Trumpeter swans and very very few geese.
    I did see two mallards following the river last night.

9. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

No birds. There were a doz swans on the river, so, that is something. -2 degrees. River was flowing, but pretty thick with ice. There must have been an ice dam below me, since the river rose 3 inches while I was there.

Really a shame. I had a great set, where I had seen a few birds the other day. Goose shells and 8 FB ducks, all on the ice, next to the river. Had two mallards dive bomb the set, got the drake. They came in from about 300 yards up, almost straight down. Never saw me till I raised up. Annnnnnd that was it.

10. fowlogic

fowlogic Senior Refuge Member

Serious Snow Goose migration day today in SW Idaho. They were flying in the dark and still flying as I drove away from the landing in the middle of the afternoon. New Canada Geese and Ducks too. I actually talked an adult Snow Goose into easy range without any white decoys. Definitely a moper. No fat on that goose breast. If the forecast for next week holds, Idaho should see an appreciable influx of new birds.