Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Show me your snows?

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by goose knuckle, Dec 5, 2013.

1. webfoot78

webfoot78 Elite Refuge Member

1 for 250ish.... Interesting. It's nice to have that info from good sources.

Thanks for posting guys.

When it comes to white geese and bands I'm fairly cursed...like I said it's probably close to 1-600. Although I've shot a few, it's nothing like what you guys have recorded for such a long time.

2. letemwork

letemwork Senior Refuge Member

When you are hunting the first stage of the migration it is like one in 100 to 150 mostly adults, but if you are hunting the later stages you get 1 in like 300 or 350 with all the juvies.

3. Clark Griswald

Clark Griswald Elite Refuge Member

Question is.... Would u hunt with the snow fox?.... Or the snow bandit?...battle of the spreads! Hell is waiting for snow geese in Havana Illinois!!!!:clap

4. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

C'mon out to Colorado and I will show you snow. 115 inches in 8 days up on Monarch Pass. There are some pretty good bands at the local ski areas up that way as well.

5. dckhunter83

dckhunter83 Senior Refuge Member

Problem with that is, if you hunt with "the snow bandit" you will be able to look out of your pit you payed $300 to hunt that day and what will you see? Oh another very large spread right across the field. Yep if the talk is true it seems the bandits spread will have a neighbor that is going to be close to as big. And if the decoy numbers are true it will be pushing 20,000 decoys in about a 1/4 mile space. Seems to me that maybe they should have not moved in right on top of another group. Not to mention all those decoys will be no more than 1.5 miles from the self proclaimed masters spread. And in a prime spot to short stop his best migration route. Might end up making for a bit of a cluster.

6. Fullbored

Fullbored Elite Refuge Member

Only time will tell right? Will be interesting anyways. I'm sure he will keep us updated on facebook. If they decide the second spread was a bad idea i'd be happy to buy a meager 500-600 fullbodies of him

7. dckhunter83

dckhunter83 Senior Refuge Member

I have no personal dealing with Rick to go by so what I lnow about his hunts are second hand info. But with that being said outside of few guys always talking on his Facebook I honestly have not heard much good feedback. Now I don't care what anyone else does and if people want to pay him what they do to hunt then good for him. But what I dont like is when I witness some one blatantly disregarding the truth and deceiving people in an attempt to get more hunters. I know for a fact that last year this occurred for at least aweek and probably two weeks. I live and hunt in the same area as his spread and can say 100% for sure that he spent that much time on the internet telling prospective clients tgat he still had birds and that he had reliable reports of thousands still to come. Where this becomes an issue with me is that I was scouting the entire area during this entire time and can say for sure that the snow geese were GONE. I also have many friends that live south of here that were telling me daily that all birds were gone from them also. So maybe I'm wrong but to me if you are going sell hunts to people you should not be trying to sell hunts when you have no birds. So I take it as one of two things occurred. One being either he was willingly misleading people for there money which could be considered fraud orhe doesn't know as much as he likes to claim.

8. Mallardmashup

Mallardmashup Refuge Member

I have hunted with Rick and Riley last year on three occasions. I live in the same town as them. Although they do have a bad reputation, I would suggest anyone interested in hunting snows and gaining any info on how to help kill snow geese to pay the money and hunt with him. I know of many cases Rick has brought back guys two or three times after only paying for one hunt if they weren't able to harvest many birds... Pretty stand up guy for the fact I know many guys have spent just as much on hunts with other outfitters and never were offered to come back. Sure maybe he may embellish the amount of snows Around but he usually backs it up with bringing those guys back if they didn't kill many that day. So listen to what you will and know that everyone will have an opinion differently about people. Just my .02

9. Empty Skies

Empty Skies Elite Refuge Member

Some do that if you have openings to get #s up. Now if he's passing up pay clients to give these guys another shot, good for him.

10. Cupped N' Comitted

Cupped N' Comitted Elite Refuge Member

If that is true I am impressed, but its a long trip out there for some people to make more than once! Is it true Snow fox keeps all the bands? doesn't sound right.