Taxidermy Forum Sponsors

Showroom Lighting

Discussion in 'Taxidermy Forum' started by MRhodes, Dec 29, 2016.

1. MRhodes

MRhodes Senior Refuge Member

Hi all,

I am looking for recommendations for lighting in my new showroom. It is 12' X 14' with 12' ceiling, with a window on the south wall. I do mostly birds and a few fish. I am thinking two 4' LED lights on the ceiling and possibly some directional track lighting.

What are your experiences with LED vs. fluorescent vs. incandescent lighting?

Thanks for your feedback.

2. Brad's Birds

Brad's Birds Elite Refuge Member Sponsor

I much prefer the warm look/feeling of incandescents, but I'm old. I have a number of track lights in my show room. They are way cheaper than LED or halogen but don't last nearly as long......and are actually getting harder to find. If you are going to leave your showroom lights on all day, then LED's would most likely be a better choice for longevity, energy cost, as well as heat produced. I like fluorescents in my work area, but don't like how it looks in the showroom. Honestly it probably doesn't make that much difference to a customer who may be in there for 5 minutes so I'd get what you personally like. I would also watch putting mounts in direct line with your south window, they will fade over time.