Sigma 150-600 Sports BIF!!!!!! You Bet Your AZZ

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by Dizzy Duck, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Dizzy Duck

Dizzy Duck Elite Refuge Member

This is the best Auto-focusing zoom I have ever shot and that even includes both the Nikon 200-400 and the Canon 200-400 and the "bloated" prices of both.
    I have shot both of those lenses on numerous occasions and Af on this Siggy blows them away as far as I can say! As a matter of a fact when it comes to BIF, it seems to focus faster than Larry's old 400 2.8 prime. Trust Me, I'm not a big BIF shooter but perhaps now I might shoot it a whole lot more. I played with a few snow geese today as they went buzzing by me and the old Mark IIN and this lens locked on like a missile on an F16. I only had a few that I missed focus on and it was my fault. The light sucked as the geese ere side and back lit but a little compensation took care of the problem..

THESE ARE STRAIGHT FROM THE CAMERA AND NO SHARPENING WAS ADDED EVEN IN LIGHTROOM There is a bit of noise from my old 8 mega-pixel relic as I pushed the ISO to a 'blistering" 640.. I ALSO SHOT THESE AT A QUARTER STOP ABOVE WIDE OPEN AT F7.1 WITH THE LENS FULLY EXTENDED TO 600MM. THIS AIN'T NO DAMN TAMRON AND YOU DON'T HAVE TO STOP IT DOWN A STOP TO GET SHARPNESS...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dizzy Duck

Here is my setup...... with the Induro CT 314 carbon fiber tripod, the Induro GHB1 Gimbal Head, Really Right Stuff MPR 113 Arca-Swiss lens fool plate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dizzy

3. CamoHunter870

CamoHunter870 Elite Refuge Member

Darn it Diz, stop posting nice images from this lense or I might have to break down and purchase one in the future.

Can't afford the Nikon's and other's that's for sure but this would be in my ball park.

Looking pretty darn good out of camera.:tu

You should pp the first and 2nd image and show us what it looks like after too.

4. huntersdad

huntersdad Elite Refuge Member

These from Texas or are you back home? How did you find the weight?

5. Clayton

Clayton Moderator Moderator

Would it be safe to assume there is no way to shoot it freehand ?

6. Dizzy Duck

Depends on Your Arms Clayton.. It can be handheld pretty easily but I'm 61 years old with very little strength in my arms from damn Diabetes. So if you have the stamina you Da Man!!! LOL In all seriousness, a young buck will hve no problem..

7. Dizzy Duck

No, I took these in Siberia!!! Yes Texas!! And look at what I told Clayton..

8. Clayton

Clayton Moderator Moderator

In other words I probably can not shoot it freehand!:D

9. QuackR WhackR

QuackR WhackR Senior Refuge Member

Great shots Dizzy... I guess this means that you like the Sigma better than the Tamron..:D Are you still going to keep the old "dust pumper"..?

Dave

10. Dizzy Duck

Yeah Dave, I will for sure keep it...It is still a favorite,, I'd say as far as performance, build, and you name it, the Sigma is by far superior to the Tamron and really makes it appear to be a toy. The Tamron is still a good lens but as far as optics, its still a Tamron... But you are also spending another 1000 bucks for this lens over the Tamron too. This one is primarily aimed at the serious amateur or professional wildlife and sports photographer.