Silouette's for Canada Geese ???

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by BADLARRY250, Feb 12, 2018.

1. marshmob

marshmob Elite Refuge Member

DEC

amazing pics!

DEC likes this.
  2. Full Force Five

Full Force Five Elite Refuge Member

I've been using RG II"s for years and years on tough geese. They work awesome, set up in minutes and take down in less time.

3. DEC

DEC Elite Refuge Member

For some reason, my fat fingers typed in 15 dozen decoys were used ... LOL ... it should read 5 dozen ... there is no way my fat azz is packing in 15 dozen of anything LOL.

brentbullets likes this.
  4. baker aka goosenut

baker aka goosenut Elite Refuge Member

I use to
    Live in nevada for almost my whole life. I consistently shot 50to100 honkers a season using silos. Heck come to think of it inhave shot countless limits of honkers in at least 20 states west coast midwest central states and several Canadian provinces. Silos always work. I would say the
    Least effective way the didnt work was with sunny conditions. I think for the ones who dont like them they must be doing something wrong either set up wrong concealed wrong or blowing them outmwith the call. Or maybe just a mental thing.

DrakeStar, pud123 and brentbullets like this.
  5. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

Yeah you lived here,but hunted Colorado,Oregon and Wyoming.lol.
    I give you credit you worked real hard at it,had some great permission skills,probably still do.
    That being said,our hides are always good,our calling is as good as anyone that hunts around here(except maybe your younger brother) and if there' geese to be had we usually get them-with fullbodies.

6. baker aka goosenut

baker aka goosenut Elite Refuge Member

Dont forget utah. Still never had a issue with silos.

7. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Funny, I spent about 45 years in Vegas, hunting 40 of them. I ran silos. Since I recommend them, there must be a reason.

8. dvegas

dvegas Senior Refuge Member

Please translate your post into English and let us know what you are saying. After all the majority of us aren’t bilingual like you are so please dumb it down for us.

9. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

Killed many a mallard in fields at Key Pittman,with Outlaws and Realgeese,flocked them because Bills looked so nice.Never got geese to land in them.
    Out there one day with 18Bigfoot,guys across from us had 5 to 6 dozen silos ,did a couple clucks birds turned away from them came right in. No X.

10. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

That is me he is talking about. We met on those Key Pittman fields. While I did not get any birds that day, that isn't unusual, since they didn't fly. But, I had much better results during my younger adult years in that same area.

It is a fact, birds are killed over silos. When someone says they can't kill birds over silos, I would just say it is probably more than just the choice of decoys. Silos (for maximum effectiveness) need to be set up differently than FB's. It is also my belief that decoys are part of that 20% needed for success, after location and concealment, which make up the first 80%. Usually, the location isn't the deal killer. We don't normally set up in areas that have zero appeal to birds. Concealment, on the other hand, I believe is most often the reason for turning birds. Can't count the number of times I saw a set in a field, and instantly also saw the attempted concealment. If I can see that from 1/2 mile away, with just my eyes, I am pretty sure the birds can also.
    While I agree hunting in Canada isn't the same as in the States, having snows and specks land between our layouts tells me we were fairly well hidden. It takes more effort, and you have to walk away from the blinds and look back and see what they look like. When you walk back to get the truck, and look at the set and can't see the blinds, well, that means you have done it right.