Sitka

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by joecitrano, Nov 29, 2017.

1. joecitrano

joecitrano Senior Refuge Member

I'm a long time believer in gore-tex n Sitka offers it. I've heard real good reviews on the jackets. Do they make any with a good removable liner?are any in a wader length? And what's the best waterproof all season coat? Opinions please. I've heard all good but the price has kept me away. Holiday time now n there's some good deals

2. HaydenHunter

HaydenHunter Elite Refuge Member

Sitka is actually owned by Gore. If you just want a wader length Goretex Sitka jacket that you can layer under, get the Delta Wading Jacket. I have the Duck Oven, a mid-layer, and I also have the Hudson Jacket, which is Goretex with essentially a vest sewn inside. More of a mid-late season deal. Rogers had the Hudson on a Black Friday deal at like 50% off retail the other day. Offer may be expired, but I'd call them to make sure.

Sitka is amazing stuff.

Spencer5100 and Constructeur like this.
  3. Constructeur

Constructeur Senior Refuge Member

^ the Hudson was $289 from Rodgers on Monday. it now shows as out of stock and $489.

4. Spencer5100

Spencer5100 Elite Refuge Member

Of their Gore Tex waterfowl jackets, I have the Delta Wading Jacket, Hudson, and Layout Jacket. Delta Wading Jacket is the best jacket they make in my opinion. Super versatile. Pair it with a Fahrenheit Vest and/or a Duck Oven Jacket and you are set from the warmest opening day to the coldest January hunts.

5. DuckyPhe

DuckyPhe Senior Refuge Member

I have every piece Sitka makes in the waterfowl lines except the layout jacket & pants and the gradient hoodie & jacket. The delta wading jacket and duck oven were my firsts and sold me on the line. I get asked all the time and the answer is always the same, the one piece that I won't give up is the delta wading jacket. Layer whatever you want or need to under it. It's the key.

Spencer5100 likes this.
  6. 2WIDGN

2WIDGN Senior Refuge Member

I bought the gradient jacket this year. Warm and durable. It will be great under the delta wading jacket when I acquire one.

7. WK2HNT

WK2HNT Senior Refuge Member

Hudson jacket is great and the wading jacket is good with waders. Im hooked on this stuff and it seems to hold up well.

8. OneShotBandit

OneShotBandit Elite Refuge Member

DAMN!!!!!!

9. spaightlabs

spaightlabs Elite Refuge Member

Dito on the Delta Wading jacket for versatility. Mine is a few years old so maybe they have resigned some things, but the older version could use a bit better hand warmer pockets. They aren't lined with anything so aren't really all that warm...

10. Full Force Five

Full Force Five Elite Refuge Member

Ya I got the hudson for 289 with free shipping from scheels on Monday. You can find deals out there! I would start with the duck oven or hudson. I don't see the value in the delta wading, at least in Minnesota. It's basically a waterproof windbreaker with zero insulation and cool pockets. That's why I went with the hudson, I can layer the duck oven under when it's super cold.