Sitka

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by joecitrano, Nov 29, 2017.

1. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

Yeah leave it up to the cop to bring up donuts!!! Lol,just messing with you Bill. Merry Xmas.

2. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

Yea, no sweat. Someone mentioned donuts in another thread, and I replied like I have innate knowledge of them. My intent was the same here, to get some chuckles.

3. Long Shot

Long Shot Senior Refuge Member

I didn't pay half of that for them. I said frugal not foolish.

4. buzzkill

buzzkill Senior Refuge Member

Oh crap... Thats right... Sitka hires a full time person to scour the chat groups in search of buddies taking advantage of their Pro Deals...
    I expect the owners of this site will get a subpoena any day now to find my true identity. BUSTED!

(They market it as a friends and family deal anyway...)

5. JuvieCoot

JuvieCoot Elite Refuge Member

It will keep you dry. I bought one before last season and as you know with our year last year, it got put to the test.

6. tcc

tcc Elite Refuge Member

I do like their camo patterns.

Do you guys really have that much trouble staying dry? What the hell kind of weather are you hunting in? :confused: Maybe I've just been lucky, but I've had a dozen waterproof jackets of various brands and price points that work really well. Some I'll get wet in from around the cuffs but otherwise they've all been in blinding rain and kept me quite dry. Around here, at least for me, sweat not escaping is a worse problem than rain getting in it seems.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
  7. tacoduck

tacoduck New Member

I want a duck oven... Tried it on and the sleeves are really tight around the forearms. Im 5 10' 190, and the size large jacket was tight. Interesting because most of the duck hunters I know are "pear shaped." How does the big and tall crowd wear this stuff?

I also paired a size large duck oven jacket with a size large exterior shell. don't recall the name, but it was sitka. the bottom of the duck oven was 2 inches below the bottom of the coat.

same thing happened with a size large paired w an xl shell.

8. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

I am certainly in that category. I wear it over my shirt.

9. tacoduck

tacoduck New Member

what size are you wearing?

10. Native NV Ducker

I wear a 2xl

However, if this is you, I think you are outta luck...
    [​IMG]