Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

SK Trespass Law?

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by backwater1, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Dean Nelson

Dean Nelson Moderator Goose Hunting/North Dakota Moderator

Tell you one thing if it isn't posted down here and I'm well away from the farm I will almost never ask. Had to many my sisters sons cousin friends are coming BS. Next day no one is there. Around here some farmers get irritated is you ask...its the whole I didn't want to be bothered during harvest thus why I didn't post it sort of deal.

2. KID CREOLE

KID CREOLE Elite Refuge Member

The connections that can be made by shaking the hand of a farmer will often go way past the success of one day of hunting.

Farmers in our area of SK have our cell numbers(because we met them)and they will blow up our phones asking us to shoot the birds off their fields

Shake a hand make a connection

3. kaiserduckhelm

kaiserduckhelm Senior Refuge Member

I believe most farmers don't want pissing matches between hunters over who is in their field. If your the first to ask then it's almost always a "shoot them all" type response, but permission is for only that morning not whenever you want.

I don't care how good of a field it looks if we can't drive in we will find a different spot.

6162rk likes this.
  4. theduckguru

theduckguru Elite Refuge Member

Really, I hunt a couple weeks twice during the season. I ask permission for at least my stay and usually the entire season.

Diamondhitch likes this.
  5. Native NV Ducker

Native NV Ducker Mod-Duck Hunters Forum, Classifieds, and 2 others Moderator Flyway Manager

I can't imagine hunting private land without talking to the owner. Been up there 5 times, always got permission. Good people.

6. GooseChaser1

GooseChaser1 Senior Refuge Member

Going to SK. since 1998, we always ask and go the extra mile to track down the land owner for permission to hunt.

Dennis S. (Rio Rancho, NM)

7. 6162rk

6162rk Refuge Member

and that is the very thing that takes opportunities away from others.

8. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch Senior Refuge Member

??? Most of the properties I hunt have several people with permission hunting them. Very few times does my permission "expire" after a single hunt. Having said that we certainly don't have a lineup of people waiting to hunt any given property so its never an issue.

9. waterfowlman55

waterfowlman55 Refuge Member

So after 7 pages of this thread and lots of personal stories and beliefs what does the letter of the law state? I may have missed it during the reading of all these posts...

Might have been better to leave out the "sometimes we slip into a pothole part" of the thread and just ask the question.. Problem is if the land owner gets pissed then we are all done hunting that land because you just took it upon yourself to hunt it..

I ask or don't hunt that's me personally.

10. Feathers

Feathers Senior Refuge Member

Thanks diamond hitch.