Canadian Hunters Forum Sponsors

SK Trespass Law?

Discussion in 'Canadian Hunters Forum' started by backwater1, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Diamondhitch

Diamondhitch Senior Refuge Member

Actual law is in bold.

2. waterfowlman55

waterfowlman55 Refuge Member

So lets just say you own the property I can't find you and I "slip into the hole" and then you come along and want to hunt it but I am already there how would you like it if it was the other way around?

I'm just asking and I know exactly how it would go between the landowner and the person "slipping into the hole" that the land owner was going to hunt before you "slipped into the hole"

3. Diamondhitch

Most landowners in SK are pretty laid back. Most likely they would ask if you minded if they hunted with you and you would make a new friend and likely get some good insight into the area in the process. Now if you rutted the field up in the process the outcome would be quite different, likewise if the land was posted.

4. waterfowlman55

waterfowlman55 Refuge Member

I agree Diamond but still the right thing to do is ask not just slip in and shoot it.............

5. Diamondhitch

I agree, it is hard to wrap your head around. Here in Alberta you never consider hunting without getting permission. In SK, I kid you not, if land is not posted lot of people are confused why you are asking them. It is a real culture shock. Sparsely populated rural SK is a far different world than where you are used to hunting, the same policy would surely incite pandemonium from what I can gather from the descriptions I have read here about pressure south of the border and whatnot. The other thing that contributes to the more laid back attitude is that it is illegal to lease the hunting rights here so no $$$ conflict either.

Having said that, any time we have set up a deer blind, we are sure to ask if it is OK to put the blind up and no one seems to find that strange. As for hunting without leaving anything behind, people really don't care in the least. Posted land usually means no hunting but around 1/5 guys will let you on posted land if you ask as well, usually with a warning about livestock on the property.

6. Cinch

Cinch Senior Refuge Member

It is illegal to drive into fields without Land Owner permission in my area of Saskatchewan.

7. CNWD

CNWD Senior Refuge Member

8. Sasktrapper

Sasktrapper New Member

Please dont get permission for the whole season or your entire stay. THat farmer wont let anyone else hunt geese on his land after you give permission. SO you are just making it harder for everyone and PO the locals.

IMO when a guy ask permission its for the shoot the next morning.

CNWD likes this.
  9. Sasktrapper

Sasktrapper New Member

If its not posted no permission is required

10. CNWD

CNWD Senior Refuge Member

I couldn't agree with you more...... If you get permission the night before and all hunters play by those same rules most of the time you do not run into someone else in the field. We all know how disappointing that can be and possibly confrontational.
    Sure there are times when one hunter asked the owner and the other hunter asked the person who is farming the same land and two groups are granted the same field for the same day.