Skeeters' - I hate them little critters!!

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by rtjrex & MollyAnn, May 14, 2018.

1. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    Morning Gents -
    I say I hate them skeeters, but my Missus' draws them like a magnet & always has...
    They eat her up and the bites last several weeks on her skin.. We have sprayed, bought this and that to get rid of them, and fogged everything but nothing really worked. We were at a bud's home in Miss and they had a "mister" running through bushes, roses, along the edge of his roof line, etc... everywhere. But it worked as no skeeters around, as long as the mister was on. Dang Capt! That mister thing really works. He says, it really works big time on your pay check. Its expensive as all get out. It was on the home when he bought it...
    Well, I was thinking about getting one for our home and then my wife hit on something made in Miss. If anyone knows about skeeters, it will be someone from the south.
    Ya'll need to check this thing out! AND ITS CHEAP!!! OH YEA! IT WORKS JUST LIKE THEY SAY IT WILL WORK!!! And, it lasts for up to 90 days..
    Its called "The Spartan Mosquito Eradicator". I set out 3 of their tubes like the directions say to and the dang stuff(not Stuff'..) works! We have not seen or heard a skeeter in 3 weeks. NONE! Our neighbors are fussing about it being a bad year for skeeters because of the rain but we have not even heard one around the ears! This is not a sales pitch, its just telling folks how to get rid of skeeters around their home. They been eating up my 5 yr old Grandson & his blond Mommy. Now they got some hung out and their problems are over.

You guys need to google it up and read about how it works. They have a bunch of dealers around the country now but none near me so I ordered online.. Its the best product I have ever seen.

Me & Maggs...............

2. buck_master_2001

buck_master_2001 Elite Refuge Member

Looks like the cheapest option on their site is 10 tubes for $200?

3. JohnBZ

JohnBZ Elite Refuge Member

We still have some trees with no leaves. This is the latest I think I've ever gone without getting bit by a mosquito.

4. rtjrex & MollyAnn

rtjrex & MollyAnn Elite Refuge Member

ThorneSide Cabin @ Plantation Bottoms' at the bott
    BuckMaster - I think what you are looking at is for dealers. Its $20.00 for 2 tubes. They are about the size of grease tubes. Give them a call! They are great folks to work with and one fine product!

While I was writing this, I called them. They have now changed the min. order because of getting slammed with orders.
    They told me that you can order online by going to animart.com. They are selling single boxes at $19.00. the single boxes have two tubes in them. It is a great product and well worth it!

Me & Maggs..........

5. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member Supporting Member

I consider myself lucky... skeeters don’t bite me often. I can count on one hand the number of skeeter bites I’ve had in my life. There is a particular swamp along the TN river where they annoy me, and they are the size of English Sparrows, but they still don’t bite me. Just buzz around. I was always told I was full of pizz and vinegar. May be the case.

6. DComeaux

DComeaux Senior Refuge Member

Skeeters haven't been a big issue down here, yet, but the gnats are a terror at the moment. We're having an unusual spring for those, and I'm typing this with hot, swollen ears. Those dang things tear up my ears and face. The swelling and itching goes on for days. There seems to be a couple of species buzzing around. Ones large, for a gnat, and dark in color. Those cause the most damage.
    The smaller ones, those are the ones that get to my ears... no-see-ems.. Had one of the larger types bite me on my left elbow, and I had to deal with the swelling, itching and warmth in that area for 5 or more days.....he types while scratching..

7. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

You a damn lie

tcc likes this.
  8. DComeaux

DComeaux Senior Refuge Member

I'd like to drag you down to our camp in the marsh just a couple three miles from the Gulf for an experiment. If those don't bite you, then we'd need to analyze your blood and produce a repellent from it. It is unbearable on most evenings down there. Not fit for man nor beast. I'd like you to see the front end of my truck when I drive down there at dusk in the summer. It sounds like I'm driving through a rain storm.

9. TheDuckSlayer

Get your BAC up to at least .10, skeeters won’t bother you. Should cost you about $10, depending on what kind of beer you drink.

10. TheDuckSlayer

Truth. I’ve mistaken swamp skeeters for hummingbirds in the LA marsh.

tcc likes this.