Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Skyfly decoys

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by grnhd, Feb 24, 2016.

1. juviesoup

juviesoup Senior Refuge Member

I think they're still the same prices? I actually think the Juvies/Blues went down in price. Hard to beat fully assembled printed decoys that look great for $39-$42/dozen not to mention a 5% discount when you buy anything over 40 dozen and free shipping. I'm not a big fan of their juvie print but the blues are spot on.

2. canpoint

canpoint Elite Refuge Member

Ordered mine and received them 10 days from purchasing them. Nice system, a long way away from deadly bags and supports.....my two cents....I just need to decide if $40 less a dozen is worth it. I had three bags that were pulled away from the grommet system that holds them together.:(

3. canpoint

Another report. Had them out in about 3 mph wind. They did fill right up. Had some sillosock Headed decoys out next to them. They had a hard time catching wind for movement.

4. Drundel

Drundel Elite Refuge Member

Can anyone post a picture of the skyfly decoys next to a WR? I have some WR sentries and was thinking about getting some SF and using my old NW heads.

5. fowlogic

fowlogic Senior Refuge Member

Got my stakes today. A lot quicker than my first order(backbones). Wayne sent it FedEx. I measured the stake diameter. It's 0.270 inches. I measured a Whiterock stake and it's 0.25 inches. A SkyFly pushnut slides easily on a Whiterock stake, but it does not slide onto a SkyFly stake. Looks like it will fit tight like it should when a decoy is assembled. Now just waiting on SkyFly to introduce heads and Canada socks till I place another order.

grnhd likes this.
  6. grnhd

grnhd Elite Refuge Member

I ordered some more decoys on the 16th,which was a Saturday, and got them today. Not to bad shipping time. I must have caught them at a busy time with my previous order is why it took so long.

7. cs

cs Elite Refuge Member

can you post a close up of how the back support works. Seems like it would wear out but have not seen a close up of it

8. canpoint

I have five brands in my yard right now.
    Skyfly
    DOA
    Knockdowns
    Deadly's
    Sillosocks

Send me a PM with cell and I will shoot you pics of the back supports.

Smaller bag then all of the other decoys I listed. The blue has a nice pattern, but it is to brown for me. Color scheme needs work.

I am deciding on which way to go. I plan to purchase 1200 in the next few months.

9. canpoint

Here what I do not like about the skyflys -
    1. bags are quite a bit smaller then the deadly's/knockdowns.
    2. the stakes are very thick. very hard to get in the ground.
    3. After about 20-30 openings I have bags that are already ripping.
    4. the blue pattern is to brown on my decoys.
    Pro's
    1. Cost
    2. Ease of Collapse
    3. number decoys you can put in a bag.

that being said I am going with knockdowns. The fire sale at Prairiewinds makes them affordable. If I had the money I would buy deadly's.

This is my very unprofessional opinion.

Fowlfreak likes this.
  10. Ducker 4 Ever

Ducker 4 Ever Elite Refuge Member

I don't recommend DOA's, I saw a few in action this spring and the metal backbone ripped several bags. These were nearly new decoys, first season and had only been used a handful of times. They were a nice big sock for hiding under a little bit though.