Sleeper Shells

Discussion in 'Goose Hunting Forum' started by THEIRCOMMITED10, Dec 20, 2017.

1. brentbullets

brentbullets Elite Refuge Member

I have been real happy with my Dakota’s that I have had for a few years. Stack well.

2. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

Do yours stack? I bought 2 dozen life size fully flocked several years back and they were all different sizes in length, width and height along with different colors. Didn't stack well and had to mix and match decoys to double or triple stack to fit in slotted bag. I eventually sold them due to the pain of trying to match various size decoys just to stack. But wasn't real supportive when I contacted them and sent pictures. Wanted me to pay for shipping to send back their quality control issue. Have 2 dozen but oversize shells and they stack fine and all have same color scheme but our 2 piece. Been looking to get some more 1 price sleeper shells and can't decide on what brand.

3. ksgoosekilr

ksgoosekilr Elite Refuge Member

I keep them in Avery 4 slot bags. 4 decoys fits perfectly in each slot

4. ArmChair Biologist

ArmChair Biologist Senior Refuge Member

One of my friends has 20 dozen DOA's and another has 10 Dozen DOA's. We don't bag them and stack them in the trailer in stacks of about 20. They're made of thick plastic so they're heavy, but they hold up well. You'll get some flocking that rubs off the head but the paint holds up very well. I haven't seen a sleeper that the flocking doesn't rub off eventually with allot of use. The same friend has 3-5 dozen GHG sleepers and they've really gotten beat up. The DOA's are definitely better quality.

5. 2WIDGN

2WIDGN Senior Refuge Member

Somehow I missed this thread. Originally I bought the one piece Avery/GHG. Definitely some stacking issues. Sold them and bought Bigfoot originals, very durable but the last couple seasons we've had finishing issues. We sold them and bought avian x this year. Really like the softer plastic, and the realism. They are loaded in a sled waiting for ice. Time will tell. Ready for the honkers to get here!

6. CamoHunter870

CamoHunter870 Elite Refuge Member

I run 3 dz GHG LS FFD shells (a mix of sleepers and active/resters). I stack 4 sleepers per slot in a Avery 4-slot bag with no issue and they have held their shape and have held up very well. I usually will put the pk of 4 in a single slot bag before putting it in the 4-slot but I do that with all my FFD decoys. After many seasons and many hunts, they have held up pretty good.

7. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

Dakotas and DOAs are both nice. Heavy but nice. @marsh man dan they hold up well to being shot. I really wish G&H would make a light weight unflocked one piece sleeper shell.

8. ksgoosekilr

ksgoosekilr Elite Refuge Member

Here’s a pic I found on my phone today

Attached Files:

9. negooseman

negooseman Elite Refuge Member

Mag sleepers by wildlife outdoors if you can find them at a garage sale or somewhere. Bigger than most shells, will not curl, will not blow away, and stack great.

brentbullets likes this.
  10. brentbullets

brentbullets Elite Refuge Member

Absolutely, I own 5 dozen of them, some of the last ones made. Its too bad Jason won't make them anymore. I suppose his family life and work he just doesn't have time. I wish he would at least sell the molds and or business. These wouldn't be the cheapest price wise on the market but the people who don't mind paying for quality and have/use them I am sure would buy more. They are the DSD's of sleeper shells. I also own 5 dozen Dakota's and they are a great sleeper also.