slobs

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania Flyway Forum' started by NOLUCK, Oct 10, 2016.

1. NOLUCK

NOLUCK Senior Refuge Member

I hunted a popular hunting area in NW PA today and was ashamed to be a duck hunter. The first area where I hunted we picked up 25+ empty hulls 1 live round 4 Copenhagen cans and soda cans gateraid bottles. I went to an area to scout and found 30+ empties floating. Is this what the new generation of hunter is going to be like.

Ramblingman likes this.
  2. tubshooter

tubshooter Elite Refuge Member

That's sad. I'm leaving for NW Pa. (ANF) tonight for a few days of hunting. Hope not to see that.

3. mallardSX2

mallardSX2 Elite Refuge Member

Pretty standard. I hunted a Blind at the bay in Erie one year that had so much trash in it that it took me two trips to the truck to take it all out.

4. Ramblingman

Ramblingman Senior Refuge Member

Sadly, this is the norm, not the exception. Between slob hunters and trashy fishermen, we sure do pollute more habitat than any other outdoor enthusiasts I can think of. While the new generation leaves much to be desired, there are plenty of veteran waterfowl slobs out there too.

5. Susky Ducker

Susky Ducker Refuge Member

2 reasons to pick up your shells. One its just environmentally and ethically courteous. 2nd if another hunter sees empty shell casings. They know you can kill birds there.

6. Tailfeathers

Tailfeathers Elite Refuge Member

We hunted a new farm for geese last winter. We found out the last guys were kicked off. 4 of them were hunting dove. They each left about 3 to 4 boxes of empty hulls on the ground where they stood on the farmer's field . The farmer's wife was pizzed, she got a garbage bag and picked up every shell. She walked to the lead guy's porch, rang the doorbell, dropped the bag at his feet and told him to never step foot on their land again or they'll get arrested for trespassing . They blew it. Nice farm, great family....now we hunt it exclusively. We pick up our shells, don't leave a single candy wrapper and also walk out to the field and pick up our wads while picking up decoys. Takes a few minutes. Public waters we pick up our shells and don't leave trash.

Susky Ducker likes this.