Smallmouth help

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by mpkowal, Jun 27, 2017.

1. mpkowal

mpkowal Senior Refuge Member

Need help finding a quality Smallmouth guide/lodge Minnesota or Ontario,possibly Lake St Clair or Erie.Anyone know Mille Lacs.

2. GANDER CO

GANDER CO New Member

I don't think you'd have a hard time finding a guide on any of those. Try to get ahold of Seth fieder or Josh Douglas fishing it's worth ever penny to go with those guys. Dudes are hammer on Mille lacs

3. mpkowal

Thanks a bunch.

4. bullpinnie

bullpinnie Elite Refuge Member

5. Banded1

Banded1 Elite Refuge Member

6. ArmChair Biologist

ArmChair Biologist Senior Refuge Member

I grew up fishing Mille Lacs. I used to hammer the smallmouth out there before anyone even fished it for bass. Go there, it's top notch. I boated a 22 incher out there 5 years ago but 20 inchers are common.

In fact, when they stated they were going to have the bassmaster classic out there I told all my friends the winner would fish deep rocks with a drop shot rig. That's exactly what happened. Any smallmouth guide out there will put you on fish. If I wasn't so busy with hunting I'd take you out there myself. I do know that Tony Roach can catch smallmouth on that lake and he runs a guide service. I would also suggest bringing your own boat. Go out with the guide early in your trip and see how to fish, then go out in your own boat and fish the same way.

7. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

Just might be too far away for you but you could come out here too Pierre, SD. and fish Lake Oahe!!! Won't need a guide!! Just go fishing! They're everywhere.:mad::mad: The only stipulation is that you HAVE TOO KEEP the ones you catch! LOL Need to take them out off the gene pool! Biggest one I have heard of this summer was 5lbs 11oz.

8. mpkowal

Thanks a bunch