Smallmouth help

Discussion in 'Fishing Forum' started by mpkowal, Jun 27, 2017.

1. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

It's my friends hometown,Around Marshall,a very little town called Ivanhoe.No guide we have all the gear and he has family and friends that have corn and beans.Je has a cab over camper on a mega cab and a 16 ft.trailer.His family has a house or two to stay in so basically we would just pay for gas and license. We have 4 drivers and about 12 dozen Avianx.Probably have 10 days to get it done.

2. ArmChair Biologist

ArmChair Biologist Senior Refuge Member

I know where Ivanhoe is. Make sure you plan it right! If your friend hasn't been around that area for awhile he might want to talk to some of his buddies that still live there, because the migration has changed dramatically in that part of the state over the last 10-15 years. I hunt in that part of the state sometimes and the best time to shoot geese and mallards is usually second weekend of Deer hunting through about the first week of December. If I were you guys and I was taking that kind of trip, I would also group apply for some SD licenses. In Ivanhoe you're only about 45 minutes away from some fantastic hunting in South Dakota, so if you cant find birds on the MN side you most likely will in SD. Good luck!

3. mpkowal

mpkowal Elite Refuge Member

Thanks great advice.He wass there last year but didn' have all his gear.