Smoke recipes... lets hear'em

Discussion in 'Cooking Forum' started by Nelliboy2, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Nelliboy2

Nelliboy2 Elite Refuge Member

your smoke recipes for ducks, ribs, chicken, turkey, what ever lets hear your maranidaes and so on.

i'll start. duck breast(skinless) in a bowl of apple juice over night. wrap in baccon and through it in the smoker at 200 fro 2-4 hours(depending on volume and size of breast) ever hour after the first two pull out and add some sweet baby rays and enjoy.

2. SeniorCoot

SeniorCoot Elite Refuge Member

Sounds good- I smoke moose- deer- salmon- corned meat- dux and geese- pheasant- etc mostly I use a simple wet brine of water- salt and br sugar- over the years I have tried all the fancy brines but always go back to regular- i think smoking wood most inportant- I use apple for most things but mesquite i bring home from TX for ribs and brisket-some stuff i smoke hot in Brinkmann and some slow in either large pig roaster-indirect smoke /cooking and some cool in traditional smoker(baby model) of the one i used in AK for 25 yrs.

3. riverstalker

riverstalker Senior Refuge Member

I take japleno peppers cut in half load with cream cheese a slice of duck breast wrap in bacon put on the smoker until bacon is done the take a slice of pepper jack and let it melt to finish:tu

4. Bodawg

Bodawg Moderator

I gacve the neighbor some filets from some fish we caught back in the spring in Maryland, he used brown sugar and honey lightly glazed the fish and smoked it with applewood ---I really really enjoyed it!! I didn;t think it would come out too good but I was wrong. 2 big filets left and one will go to the smoker :tu

5. 10ga

10ga Elite Refuge Member

Pork Butts are my favorite to smoke. Night before I lather the butts in yellow mustard, cover with Bad Byron's Butt Rub, wrap in saran wrap and set in the frig over-night. Next morning I take the butts out and let them come up to room temp while the smoker is warming up. Get your smoker in the 220 - 240 range, put the butts on and spray with apple juice or apple cider about every 30 minutes. Keep the door on the smoker shut ( except for a quick spray of apple juice ), cook till internal temp hits 185. Take them out and start pulling. Note: make sure the fatty part of your butt is pointed up. The fat keeps the rest of the butt moist. If the smoker is big enough, throw some chicken breast ( or dove, or duck ) on under the butts, talking about some good chicken.

6. Duckjunkie194

Duckjunkie194 Elite Refuge Member

Same as above but I spray w a 50/50 mix of apple juice and captain Morgan spiced rum. Give it a try.

7. Hunnfshcal

Hunnfshcal Elite Refuge Member

Now that is the ticket! Gonna do that on the Turkey next week :tu

8. SeniorCoot

SeniorCoot Elite Refuge Member

Just pulled whole beef brisket from freezer for friday night dinner as it's night before rifle deer opener- no brining it- just rubbed with some L&P and mustard and then a coating of 9 spices put on one by one so I know it's covered evenly- then about 12 hrs in slow smoker/cooker (7-8 uncovered and mopped hourlyand then 3-4 in foil with a bit of BBQue Sc.added)

9. SPRIGS

SPRIGS Elite Refuge Member

I love briskit, pulled pork, ribs etc... but what I have been doing the most of lately is pulled beef.

Get a chuck roast about 5-7 pounds. I then quarter the chuck roast and place it in an aluminum pan. Dust with whatever rub you want and smoke at 325 degrees or so for about 2 hours. I generally use oak wood. After 2 hours, throw in a little liquid (beer, beef broth, fruit juice) about 1/2 cup and pile cut up mushrooms, onions and bell pepper directly on top of the meat. Cover with foil and continue to cook for approximately another 2 hours or until the beef pulls easily with forks. I start checking for doneness after about 1.5 hours in the foil. Pull the beef out of the foil and pull the meat just like pulled pork. I reserve the juices from the pan, defat the juice and mix the juice with just a bit of bbq sauce and pour some of that back over the pulled meat. Piling the onions, peppers and mushrooms on top of the meat makes for a heck of a sandwhich.

Think I like this pulled beef better than pulled pork and I am a huge fan of pulled pork.

10. Coho

Coho Moderator Emeritus Moderator

Smoke cheese for the holidays.. Cut cheese into the shape you want to slice the end product from. Wrap in cheese cloth and smoke over selected wood you like. Use a REAL low temp or I bet it's a mess