Smoked Ribs, need some Quick Guidance

Discussion in 'Cooking Forum' started by BuckeyeDuck, Jan 10, 2006.

1. SeniorCoot

SeniorCoot Elite Refuge Member

OK, OK, Guys--Now let's NOT get like some of the Clowns on the MM Forum who really get vituperous about their motors/boats being better than thou's-Opinions are like backsides-we all have one-Now i like some disagreement about cuisine and even a little ribbin(pun) BUT we're all adults i hope and here to exchange ideas and info---Heck any guY with Black dogs can't be all that bad !

2. BuckeyeDuck

BuckeyeDuck Elite Refuge Member

Of all the Forums here, the Cooking forum is the last I would have thought I'd see a fight on :no

I though cooks were happy people :yes

3. Longtom

Longtom Elite Refuge Member

We are happiest when being praised for our "talent"......:yes

4. Redhead

Redhead Senior Refuge Member

I say we get AmiableLabs and decoydog

together and have a "Iron chef Smoker" competition and see who's method is best this is the funniest thing I have read in a long time :grvn

Keep it up guys love it

5. decoydog

decoydog Refuge Member

I agree with what you guys have said and I understand that it went too far. I get on here to helps a fellow out because a day after his post, and no one has responded. After trying to offer some sort of help, this guy comes on with his chest out, trying to argure with my methods. That was all I needed to was to get into a forum tussle after just signing on. It's rediculous. Never have I said that my methods are better/best, I pretty much have stayed humble. I just want to know what has crawled up his craw to start spewing stuff from his mouth. I wonder if it is because I am new to this forum (new guy to pick on), or he has taken to heart what the EXperts are telling him in some book. How many time have I told you to "let it go", but you won't drop it, and Iam forced to respond on what has become a magnet for people to want to read "two little school girls scratching at each other". ONE MORE TIME, DROP IT. but I bet you can't.

6. mallardecho

mallardecho Senior Refuge Member

MORE MORE MORE, do not kiss and make up now. If this squabble stops I will be left to watch the argument between NedS and Joe over on the shotting forum. Got to have more than one going at a time.:dv

7. Schemy

Schemy Senior Refuge Member

BuckeyeDuck,

So how did the ribs taste when it was all said and done?

8. SeniorCoot

SeniorCoot Elite Refuge Member

""Of all the Forums here, the Cooking forum is the last I would have thought I'd see a fight on""

Man try being a Judge at a mid-west county fair baking contest some time. In the 70's I was about the only male judge of county fair baking in MN and almost got denutted a couple of times cause of not giving a woman the Purple Ribbin(pun)
    They were toughies to deal with--Telling a farm wife her kuchin ain't the best is like telling an ARKie his dog is ugly.

9. decoydog

decoydog Refuge Member

I will yield the thread.

10. BuckeyeDuck

BuckeyeDuck Elite Refuge Member

They got a little bit over-cooked around the edges due to the extra hour or two I let them go, but all in all not bad for the first go :tu

I appreciate everyone who left me pointers :clap

...The deer jerky, now that was another story, it will be the dehydrator and liquid smoke from now on :(