Snow Geese

Discussion in 'Colorado Flyway Forum' started by ColoDuk, May 8, 2001.

1. ColoDuk

ColoDuk Elite Refuge Member

Did anyone else go after the snow geese this year, we did pretty good once we figured out how to kill the buggers, just wondering if anybody else went
    Duk

2. EMan

EMan Senior Refuge Member

Where did ya hunt?

I got out one day with Goose Dan and some other guys from the old Goose Garage. It was a blast. Needless to say I will own at least 10 dozen rags and shells next year.

Eric

3. ColoDuk

i went out to Edes, out by Lamar, lots of geese, i loved it, got lots of Rosses to, they are neat little birds but they are only the size of a large duck, i actually saw a couple when i was hunting in the Loveland area in early nov., it supprised me cause ive lived in the Loveland area all my life and have never seen a snow goose stop at our lakes
    Duk

4. EMan

EMan Senior Refuge Member

The first 2 snows I ever shot were at Boyd Lake in 1988. They were the only 2 snows on the lake that day and they tried to take my head off by coming in so low.

5. ColoDuk

that is weird as hell, the snow geese i saw were at boyd to!!!, it was last nov. we were on the North end and there was three of them that circled us 5 times and left, i also hunt a private alphalfa field on the south end of the lake, Canadas get thick on Boyd
    Duk

6. goosekilla

goosekilla Guest

I wanted to go kill some snows but I did not know where to go. I heard Lamar area is always good is there any other hot spots around Colorado. I have lived in the Loveland, Greeley area and I have never seen any snows up here. You must have been pretty suprised to see snows at boyd.

7. ColoDuk

the sterling area usually holds quite a few, like on Jumbo res and other big lakes, the lamar area holds incredible amounts of geese, i saw about ten thousand geese on one field alone, there is a lot of hunters that know about the lamar area so your pretty much out of luck unless you got private land
    Duk