Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Snow Goose Commanders

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Troller, Jan 18, 2017.

1. GK1

GK1 Elite Refuge Member

If you hear more please post up. Something really needs to be done sooner than later. Anybody remember finding a juvie feed in April and waiting for the right conditions to hunt them? Not even worried about it because everybody else had quit for the year. Now you have 24 guides and their groupies circling the last 2000 geese in the state. Worse yet setting a spread with clients 3 days after the last 2000 pulled out.

2. GK1

GK1 Elite Refuge Member

Maybe some but the majority probably wouldn't know how to start a lawnmower. Used daddies money to buy in.

3. Sdbrd

Sdbrd New Member

To what tornado chaser has said, I agree totally. Something like ND has regarding outfitters and guides, at least for snow goose.

4. juviesoup

juviesoup Senior Refuge Member

The internet has basically destroyed late season juvie hunting, guides advertising for it. People plastering how to do it all over facebook and forums. Guy is better off shooting migrating juvies now than trying to beat "Make a pile" and "Team Blowbag" guide and outfitter to a feed. It's pretty sad honestly. Most of these guides or people who work for guides think they are the coolest thing since sliced bread too. If you ever want to talk to some of the most cocky, ignorant, arrogant and all around tool bags while out hunting just wait until one of them pulls up next to you on a feed you've already got permission for and then tries to proceed to tell you that you don't. It's pretty bad when you have to assume some one is going to try and either down wind you or get between your field and the roost forcing you to get permission on multiple fields. These guys are all in it for,
    A. Obviously the money. I'm no math wizard but what there charging and how many people they hunt while there just in south dakota comes out to be a good chunk of coin.
    B. Likes and "fame" on Facebook/Instagram. If social media didn't exist I would guarantee a good portion of these guys wouldn't even go out and put the work in to snow goose hunt. It's all about taking that pile picture at the end of the hunt and posting some "sick" footage from the day to hardcore rock music. Everyone and their brother thinks there some sort of amazing film editor. The funniest thing to me is some of the "guides" that pop up are posting videos of them shooting flocks at 60-70 yards and screaming when they "rain out" 2 or 3 birds. I can't believe anyone watching that would stop and go Man we got to book a hunt with these guys! But apparently a sucker is born every minute.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
    CLS Posse and GK1 like this.
  5. hammbone

hammbone Senior Refuge Member

Following some of these groups on face book and other things I have come acrossed I would say top gun eagle head habitat flats, hunt the north. Would be the ones to book with for a quality experience. Also keep one thing in mind if they still have dates open that should tell you something. If you can't book with one of these guys I would recommend you try to do a swap hunt with someone on the forum. There are a lot of diy guys on here that are more qualified then 85% of these fly by night outfits. Sadly that is how ended up 600 FB trailer 6x6 and all kinds of other crap to hunt these dang geese. I went on one hunt and thought wow I can do better than this.
    Good luck

6. GK1

GK1 Elite Refuge Member

7. juviesoup

juviesoup Senior Refuge Member

8. hyper23

hyper23 Senior Refuge Member

No

9. hammbone

hammbone Senior Refuge Member

10. jpallen

jpallen Elite Refuge Member

No Eaglehead Outfitters and Eaglehead Outdoors are different. Eaglehead Outdoors is based out of MN and does not even guide in Kansas. In fact I'm pretty sure they run speck and snow hunt all Dec and Jan. in Ark. Eaglehead Outdoors are stand up guys and run a great business.