Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

Snow goose decoys

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Action, Nov 27, 2016.

1. Drakes Landing

Drakes Landing Refuge Member

Just went to look at the Sky Fly decoys. Can't tell by the home page if they come pre-assembled or not? Appears they have the same bag (as you noted) and also have same stake length (although Feathertek does sharpen their stakes but then there is the additional cost built in). If they come pre-assembled I could live with the non-sharpened stakes at the prices they have published. Looks like a good value. if they are not pre-assembled I will pay the extra for that and the sharpened stake with Feathertek. Thanks for sharing.

2. dukgtr187

dukgtr187 Refuge Member

Skyflys come preassembled

3. Drakes Landing

Drakes Landing Refuge Member

Guess I will be buying Skyflys from here on out!!!! Can't beat the pricing and the support system looks like it is solid. Love the extra 2" (yes, that is what she said) on the stake vs. the 24" stake you get with many competitors. Sounds crazy but that extra length really make a difference on the back (maybe more for me vs. many as I'm only 5'8" and can walk along and pluck them pretty quickly! :)

4. Drundel

Drundel Elite Refuge Member

Yes they do come per-assembled, or I had them ship un-assembled. I have 5 dz. I bought for a project. They had a problem with a run of blues where the pink ran if wet and Wayne is sending me two dz. to replace my blues. Hopefully I can get the heads off mine for the new ones. I sharpened my stakes with an electric pencil sharpener.

I think the bags are a bit thinner than the SS bags. I clean my SS bags from time to time and they still look good. I tried to clean the pink off the SkyFly and you can sorta see where I scrubbed them. I always use a sponge with dawn soap, so not something super abrasive.

Attached Files:

5. juviesoup

juviesoup Senior Refuge Member

SkyFlys come preassembled although you can buy all the parts seperate. Also, if you request it they'll sharpen the stakes for you. Not sure how much extra it'll cost but I know they do it.

6. Empty Skies

Empty Skies Elite Refuge Member

Also like Sky Flys opening & closing system, no bunjees that like to pop open while you are picking up or stacking.