Snow Goose loads and chokes

Discussion in 'Shooting - Reloading Forum' started by Decoyin Drake, Feb 27, 2018.

1. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

If I remember correctly, these were all shot with 1 1/16 oz. #1 2.75" in an Imperial (CDN) loading, I think at 1500 or 1550 fps. SKI choke. Last three shots were 35-40 yds.

Note the lack of appreciable recoil. Easy 2nd and 3rd shots without losing battery.

ronaldo likes this.
  2. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

Hahaaa You got it Warren ! Even tho it's from the wrong-side , looking down the barrel it shows how little the gun is blown off target !
    A great showing of marksmanship but with birds in your face ( except for the last 3 ) it does show 1 1/16 th oz of 1's ( 108 pellets ) is
    plenty of payload in the hands of a accomplished Waterfowler . Even tho I chose to go with a LM (.014 Skt II) choke with this same payload ,
    in my reloads , as I won't turn down a bird at 50 yds or less , you sure make a point of NOT being over-choked with larger steel shot !
    It's always fun watching your video's ......Thanks ! :yes:tu

3. DaPutts

DaPutts Senior Refuge Member

There’s no such thing as over dead.

4. Ravenanme

Ravenanme Elite Refuge Member

But , there's a lot said about to much recoil for no reason ! You just gotta read between the lines , the ballistic ones , that is .