Snow Goose Hunting Forum Sponsors

snow goose outfitters and # of guns per blind?

Discussion in 'Snow Goose Hunting Forum' started by Bob Johnson, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Dog guy

Dog guy Senior Refuge Member

P.T. Barnum summed it up best....."There's a sucker born every minute."

2. Bob Johnson

Bob Johnson Elite Refuge Member

so then how pathetic is it when the guide on his website has a picture of 7 guys standing in front of 7 snow geese!!!!!!!! ON HIS WEBSITE!!.... if the guide is getting at it.... then I wonder how many the paying customers actually shot!!

3. Scout_mn

Scout_mn Senior Refuge Member

After all is said a snow goose guide is the way to go for me. Its $600 for 3 days. I only miss a few days of work. Don't have to buy $5000 in decoys and have help finding feilds to hunt.

bullpinnie and Wareagle1 like this.
  4. jzoo

jzoo Senior Refuge Member

In the couple handfuls of guided hunts i have been on, the guide has only shot when its a flock of say 10 or more.

But i would certainly recommend taking enough guys you know or pay enough money to get your own field. Me and a couple buddies went on a few hunts where we shared the field with another group and have not had good experiences. A couple times we had older gentleman that couldn't get out of the blinds, we would have 3-4 shells off by the time they sat up. So we were screwing up their hunting experience. On the other hand, we have been in fields where a 450lb man couldn't shut his blind doors, his brother was more or less wearing blaze orange, and the other brother couldn't sit still to save his life and we didn't shoot much as the geese were picking us out from 100yds.

5. Buttesmacker

Buttesmacker Senior Refuge Member

Nope, didn't have to ask. Its just a really good guide in that's his way of doing things. Top quality hunt experience.

6. Scout_mn

My last hunt i went with a "friend" He pulled his trigger on his gun when he was playing with it beside him. So even if you have your own field and your "friends" don't mean your friends have gun scene.

7. GK1

GK1 Elite Refuge Member

He wouldn't be my friend.

Ducker 4 Ever likes this.
  8. Scout_mn

As i put "friend" we haven't talked in a year.
    But he is lucky it didn't blow his foot off.

9. jzoo

jzoo Senior Refuge Member

Yikes. Yea when I say "buddies" I mean guys that I hunt with 30+ days a year.
    One of the worst policies my state has is anyone over 30 is grandfathered in from taking hunters safety, terrible idea.

10. no harm-no fowl

no harm-no fowl Senior Refuge Member

We found two brothers that guide just to help pay for their decoy spread. It's cheap too. 125 per day, we take over the spread when we get there. Call our own shots, move decoys around if we want. They have topnotch gear. A 24 bird rotater, 1600 plus socks, 400 full bodies, about 30 flyers. The cool part is, if shooting would suck, they take us jumping. Also, when I bring my dog, he leaves his at home. Yes they shoot, but not at the small flocks. We have a great time. I've tried to give his info to others, but they shy away because they're not one of the big outfits. Oh well, we just keep on having a blast.

jzoo and Scout_mn like this.