Boats & Blinds Forum Sponsors

SNOW TRACKS FOR UTV & ATV

Discussion in 'Boats, Blinds, & Gadgets Forum' started by JDOWEN, Jan 6, 2019.

1. JDOWEN

JDOWEN New Member

Hope this qualifies as a gadget. Question: Is there any consensus as to what "brand/company" builds the best most durable and trouble free snow-tracks for UTVs?

2. Old Carver

Old Carver Senior Refuge Member

My best friend got the tatou t4s for his Big Brute 750. He used them all last winter with no problems. I no longer have my snowmobiles but just bought a Kawasaki Mule. Looking at tracks for it. Looking at camoplast or Tatou's. Definitely have to use low range is what all my friends are saying. Rough on clutches running high range. Great traction when using a plow blade on the front too. The only downside is getting stuck. If you do get stuck you're really stuck. Winching like we're all tempted to do can really tear stuff up do to all the mass you've got down in whatever your stuck in (snow mud whatever). Expensive lessons learned by other friends. Those tracks are getting more popular up here thats for sure.

3. Redonthehead

Redonthehead Elite Refuge Member

I have no idea on durability but here is another option/brand to look at: http://www.mattracks.co/ I rode with the founder in a pickup with tracks on it in the early 90's - amazing what it would do.

4. lucky_man

lucky_man Senior Refuge Member