So Do I Have Pack a Pistol Now When Hunting Eastern Washington?

Discussion in 'Washington Flyway Forum' started by SANJUANGLENN, Dec 23, 2017.

1. SANJUANGLENN

SANJUANGLENN Elite Refuge Member

Posted today on Tri-Cities Waterfowlers

Reaching out to my groups for some help. Wondering if anyone was around wapato today and may have any info. My grandfather in law was around wapato shooting, and after he had finished up and rifles were unloaded he was approached by two men demanding he give them his guns and truck. After he refused one of them hit him over the head with a metal pipe. He drew his pistol and managed to shoot one guy twice. The other approached him while he was on the ground and when he got close grandpa cut him across his face with his pocket knife. He is in the hospital with a few broken bones in his face about to get a cat scan. I know it’s not a ton of info but a guy shot and another cut across the face shouldn’t blend in too well. If anyone has any info please message me and I will provide a reward for any leads than pan out. Thank you and be safe out there!

2. DG1959

DG1959 New Member

Wow. They will get caught. Tough grandpa for sure.

3. Wareagle1

Wareagle1 Elite Refuge Member

Holy crap that’s crazy! Unfortunately a lot of the area between tri cities an Yakima is a ****hole. Hope the old man makes a quick recovery an they find the two d-bags

4. SANJUANGLENN

SANJUANGLENN Elite Refuge Member

up dated information:

Latest update: it was three not two Spanish speaking males. They asked to borrow his phone before they decided to jump him. Police are tracking that number they called.

5. WidgeonmanGH

WidgeonmanGH Elite Refuge Member

Grew up in the Toppenish area and wife still has family on S. Wapato Road. The whole south part of the valley has gotten rougher and rougher as each year goes by. Sad to see. I wouldn't live there, and only go to certain areas when I am visiting. Hope they catch them but I doubt they will. All the cartel gangs etc. that run in that place they could be anywhere. Wall anyone????

Wareagle1 likes this.
  6. Ducksergeantorg

Ducksergeantorg Senior Refuge Member

That's too bad, I hope he is doing good.
    I pack a Pistol every where!! I spent three years in Iraq and trust no one any more. I have WA. CWPermit, I have never been arrested and consider myself AN AID TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AND CITIZENS. Thugs like that deserve to get shot!!!

7. boodog

boodog Senior Refuge Member

Wow! Good for grandpa-That area between Yakima and Prosser has really deteriorated over the last 20 years. I always carry a pistol on my person even when I take off at 4 am to hunt. Used to hunt w/ an emergency room doctor at the Toppenish hospital-he said the emergency room was always full of gunshot and stabbing victims.

8. bang you'r dead

bang you'r dead Canada Forum Mod. Eh! Moderator Flyway Manager

Good Job Grandpa. Hope he recovers quickly and the perps end up in jail for Christmas.

Constructeur likes this.
  9. badhabit

badhabit Elite Refuge Member

Just make sure you check the laws regarding conceal carry on Yakama Tribal lands.
    I can't find the complete definition of their code.10.01.167: Weapons, Carrying Concealed

10. Capt. Cormorant

Capt. Cormorant Elite Refuge Member

I inquired about conceal carrying on tribal land some years back. I was told they honor Wa. State CCW. But they are tribal and they can do anything they want.

Hope your Grandfather is doing well and a speedy recovery.

Did this make the news? I can't find anything on it.