Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Sobriety check point on Bay Bridge tonight

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by john scanlon md, Aug 28, 2009.

1. john scanlon md

john scanlon md Elite Refuge Member

Yessirree MSP will be conducting a sobriety check point on the Chesapeake Bay Bridge tonight (news report didn't say which end) to "educate the public about drinking and driving related accidents." :eek:
    Be prepared to reflect on alcohol and driving as you creep, stop then go all the way over the bridge on a steamy late summer Friday evening. :z :mad: Should have a pool on how far the back up will extend and how long it will last after the breathalyzing stops. Or how long you will have to wait for your guests to arrive after their interrupted drive. Good Thinking MSP. :doh

2. 7bartman

7bartman Elite Refuge Member

SOB, I've got to drive across that d*mn bridge tonight. I'd like to find out what time it happens. If I have to sit and wait in traffic for this I'm not going to be happy. There are better locations to do this.

3. cancan

cancan Elite Refuge Member

maybe we should have a check point and tell them how to properly pave, run and take care of that bridge....darn state morons.

4. BuzzTheDecoys

BuzzTheDecoys Elite Refuge Member

Doc that is actually the MD trans cops not MSP doing that BS. Believe me the MSP boys already have their hands full with domestics on the shore. Cancan they keep the bridge road so rough on purpose to keep you from falling asleep at the wheel. Everytime I cross in my truck I need to go #1 from all the bouncing.

5. cancan

cancan Elite Refuge Member

everytime i think of the mess there it makes me have to go #2 :D

6. john scanlon md

john scanlon md Elite Refuge Member

Buzz you are correct; MTP doing the deed on a summer Friday night. Maybe they can do a repeat on Labor Day too. Folks won't waste too much gas sitting in all the traffic. Anyone know the last alcohol related accident on the bridge? That little girl who ran the trucker into the Bay last year was sleepy, not drunk.Then there is the two way traffic...Should be a fun night on Preston Lane with the weather and all as well.

7. Bobo_JRD

Bobo_JRD Senior Refuge Member

Are you sure it is on the bridge and not at say the toll plaza or prior to?

There is a tremendous amount of liability doing something like that on a bridge. As far as I know, in order to do a checkpoint like that there has to be an "out" for drivers so they know it is coming and can choose to turn around if they wish. Obviously, there is no turning around on a bridge.

I find it hard to believe they would do this on the bridge.

8. 7bartman

7bartman Elite Refuge Member

BB, I'm sure it is on one side or the other. Either way it is going to make the horrendous amount of traffic worse.

9. muskrat25

muskrat25 Elite Refuge Member

But at least your guests will be little more likely to arrive instead of getting t-boned by some drunk. :z

10. carolina girl

carolina girl Elite Refuge Member

If they arrest 1 drunk driver. It was worth it, imo!