Chesapeake Flyway Forum Sponsors

Sobriety check point on Bay Bridge tonight

Discussion in 'Chesapeake Flyway Forum' started by john scanlon md, Aug 28, 2009.

1. GOOSEMD

GOOSEMD Elite Refuge Member

Joe let me know when Mr Obama or Mr O'Malley officially assign me to the job and of course please have the pay direct deposited Mr Czar...

2. 7bartman

7bartman Elite Refuge Member

:l lol

3. fowlwhacker

fowlwhacker Elite Refuge Member

Good thing hunting season is upon us and increasing with more opportunities as this sight is becoming political than fox news with Glenn Beck and Bill Orielly. :l I have mixed emotions about the whole checkpoint thing as I am torn between our rights yet see the point to try to curb drinking in driving. The biggest problem I have is when check points are setup around terrible choke points like the bay bridge. Traffic is already bad enough for people trying to get home from work and people trying to escape the BS and wanting to head to the beach for a get away. Imagine all of the people who get rear ended due to back ups, run out of gas, over heat or have other car problems sitting in back ups, need less to say have to go to the bathroom(what if they don't have an empty gatorade bottle handy). I'm sure the officers who decided to setup the check point at the bay bridge got a real good laugh at the back up and the thought of all the ****ed off people. what do they care they on the job getting paid and when they get off duty, they run 90 to 100 mph recklessly home running everyone off the f'ng road. I don't want to sterotype here buttttttt, the most reckless drivers I encounter every day driving 80 miles round trip are officers from every juristiction. Average 90 to 120 on the beltway with no lights, change 4 lanes with no blinkers, flying up on people's azz's. This is hypocritical BS as they will sit and read you the riot act for going 10 mph over the speed limit or not wearing a seat buckle. They do this in their cruisers and off duty to and brag about flashing their credentials for professional courtesy. I bet for every 500 officers who get pulled over off duty for DUI only 1 gets busted. You wonder where I got this info, well I know a couple of officers who brag about being able to drive like their an indy driver each day and also brag about all the times they get let go off duty for doing 100 mph or driving drunk. This gulls the sheeeit out of me. I literally see 2 to 3 cops driving recklessly each day. I would luv to see their cruisers outfitted with technology that would produce a report when they speed and tie it to an incident. My wife reported an officer once for passing people on the shoulder with no lights and doing over a 100 mph for quite some time until her reached his home. She was told he was having a bad day and was recommended that she not pursue this. Now what do you think would happen if you or I was passing people on the shoulder and ran 100 plus mph and told the officer we were having a bad day? For the record, I support our officers and don't believe all our bad apples nor do I think everyone on the road is drinking and driving so I wonder if we should be stuck in sobriety check points at horrible choke points where traffic is already horriffic. My 2 cents for the night.

4. muskrat25

muskrat25 Elite Refuge Member

You nailed it with "Good thing thing hunting season is upon us." Note to self: Never ask fowlwhacker for a drink of his Gatorade.......

5. joe117

joe117 Elite Refuge Member

As for technology, the framers of the constitution had no way of knowing what the future would bring.
    But they did understand authority and how it could be used to limit the freedom of the citizens.
    You don?t seem to be able to get your head around the idea that they knew full well what they were doing when they wrote the 4th amendment.
    They wanted to protect the rights of the people.
    They wanted to protect the rights of the people to be left alone by the authorities unless there was some reason to believe that they were guilty of a crime.

The citizens must be left alone unless they are thought to be doing something illegal if they are partaking of the right to drive a car or the privilege of driving a car.
    The 4th amendment protects you from intrusion whether you are partaking of an activity that is a right or an activity that is a privilege?.. So your insistence of calling driving a privilege is a moot point in this case.

There is no constitutional reason why the government should not be able to set rules as to the wild game one may harvest from the land or sea.

6. MNapier

MNapier Elite Refuge Member

Some people will never get it Joe. They look at it as "hey they are stopping drunks, what could be bad about that." Apparently these people don't have the mental capacity of seeing "how" this is being done. Let random checkpoints go beyond this to something that affects them and they will change their tune real quick. People don't understand that it's all or nothing. You can't have it both ways. You can't make exceptions. I hate to use this term but a lot of people are "drinking the kool aid." The most alarming thing to me is the younger generation is so brainwashed that it's not even funny. I'm 27, so yes I am talking about my own age group.

7. carolina girl

carolina girl Elite Refuge Member

I would agree with you, if this were something new....but DUI Checkpoints have been going on for decades and nothing more has developed from it.

8. MNapier

So we should accept it as being right?

9. MNapier

I know the Supreme Court said it was okay so we must accept it. It still won't make me believe that this right. Isn't this the same supreme court that just added Sotamayor? The same person that voted in favor of a white fireman not getting a promotion because no minorites could pass the same test? The same person that said "a latino woman will always make better decisions than a white male." Yeah, I love my chances in this society. Keep voting democrat.

10. carolina girl

carolina girl Elite Refuge Member

Who is "we"?

This is 10 pages of you and Joe saying "we".........well, if it bothers "we", do something about it.

Challenge it, prove it Unconstitutional and get it changed.
    :reader
    :tu