SOFIC - Tampa

Discussion in 'Florida Flyway Forum' started by Knee_Booter, May 11, 2015.

1. Knee_Booter

Knee_Booter Moderator Sponsor Moderator

Hey guys,

I am coming down to Tampa next week for the SOFIC conference. Can anyone suggest things to see or places with great seafood? It looks like I will be staying about 5 miles east of downtown. Safe area?

Thanks.
    Scott

2. masonman

masonman Senior Refuge Member

Thanks for everything you do! My father was SF back in the 60s with the 46th. My son has just passed his PAST test for CCT and waiting to ship later this summer. Most of the seafood places i am aware of are on the water on west side of Tampa. A place called the Colonade is fantastic. Lots of places like Whiskey joes etc. where is the conference? Is it open to the public?

3. Waterfowl fool

Waterfowl fool Elite Refuge Member

Scott,

Are you a vendor with ties? Also are you on Socnet?

Shoot me a call when you get down here.

Nash

4. Knee_Booter

Knee_Booter Moderator Sponsor Moderator

I am not military, but I operate a nonprofit geared towards the special operations community. 100% volunteers, no paid employees. We're called Special Ops Xcursions and we provide free outdoor trips to the men and their families. (hunting, fishing, skeet shooting, camping, educational classes, etc).

Nash,

Are you in Tampa?

5. Waterfowl fool

Waterfowl fool Elite Refuge Member

Foremost,

Thank you for your dedication is helping out. Your work says a lot about anyone to take their own time for such a noteworthy cause.

I am about 2.5 hours southeast of the Tampa area in a little place I wouldn't trade for anything called Okeechobee.

However there are many members from the SOCNET community that live in the area and would gladly assist you if you need it. Go over to the SOCNET website and put out a hail call for the SEAL, MARSOC and other community in their blogs and I am sure you will get a few to at least shoot you a PM.

Thank you again and if your ever in the particular area I would interested to see how I can help, maybe a free duck, turkey or hog hunt to any of the SOG guys and or for sure for the families and kids of the fallen. All of them deserve anything I can offer.

Nash 863-801-7714