Something very good from Facebook

Discussion in 'The Duck Hunters Forum' started by drahthaarducker, Jan 18, 2018.

1. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

even the little girl on the left can’t bear the shame of being in that tailgate pic.

2. goosenazi

goosenazi Elite Refuge Member

Hard to keep young kids happy waiting for drake mallards in a desert. She’s giddy because she didn’t have to eat divers that day.

Fowler267 likes this.
  3. Big Ches

Big Ches Elite Refuge Member

Not sure why you went to high fence hunting from the original story or my response. So, poaching is better than high fence operations...interesting. Both are scum in my book.

I will only shoot a trophy buck...I won't shoot a buck that's not mature. That's my choice. I also shoot a couple does a year as well. Anyone that has a problem with that can pretty much go pound sand.

4. H20DAD

H20DAD Elite Refuge Member

I didn’t. “Trophy hunting” when you plant and photograph and time track and lord knows what else is more like cattle farming.

A guy who poaches to feed his family is breaking the law but that won’t end hunting in the long run. It’s been going on forever. This is a fact, not support for poaching.

Making the bone on the head of a deer a trophy that leads to the exclusion of most people from hunting, this will lead to the end of hunting.

Back before deer were plentiful and got stupid trophy status, people could access all kinds of land to hunt all the other game. Now we can’t risk scaring the trophy bucks and ruin the electronic data routine that has been patterned from our cell phones. Gimme a break this isn’t hunting. It’s the modern bragging game.

5. KSRedleg

KSRedleg Elite Refuge Member

Rarely saw a hunting lease in my area 30 years ago, now almost any spot that could hold a deer is leased by rich OOSers or guides. Of course that removes all that ground from anyone wanting to hunt anything else.
    Used to be when you asked to duck hunt, the farmer might say "Sure, but the quail are off limit." Now it's "I can't because, Joe Nimrod leased it and doesn't want anyone scaring the deer."

6. TheDuckSlayer

TheDuckSlayer Elite Refuge Member

I don’t agree with much you say, but this is spot on. deer hunting has exponentially ruined more land access than anti’s, commercial development, and everything else combined.

7. Fowler267

Fowler267 Elite Refuge Member

AMEN!!!

8. drahthaarducker

drahthaarducker Elite Refuge Member

When I was living in Humboldt County I had friends that asked me to bring them Coot's for "Coot Stew".
    I would walk the marsh and shoot a few after the ducks stopped flying.
    I just couldn't bring myself to take a tail gait photo though.

Hunter/Gather and wanapasaki like this.
  9. Duckfiend

Duckfiend Senior Refuge Member

How was the stew?

wanapasaki likes this.
  10. wanapasaki

wanapasaki Senior Refuge Member

Amen. 90% of the posters on here would eat him alive