South Dakota get together?

Discussion in 'South Dakota Flyway Forum' started by Mean Gene, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Mean Gene

Mean Gene Elite Refuge Member Flyway Manager

Ever been a time where something was set up for guys from the board to get together for a day, maybe shoot clays, or whatever? Some kind of event centered around duck hunting so folks from the board could get to know one another? Any interest in something like that?

2. dan_sd

dan_sd Senior Refuge Member

It could be fun but your not getting the location of my secret shoveler/bullhead spot

3. BirdJ

BirdJ Elite Refuge Member

Don't forget the goose hunters Gene!!:D Think most of the members here are east of me so I would think having a get together would be in your area!!! What he heck, it's only a 3 hour drive from here for me!!!! Sometimes I do that just scouting in a day!!!!:yes

4. brentbullets

brentbullets Elite Refuge Member

Heck I might even attend if invited,if my wife isn’t making me take her walleye fishing. I assume a summer event, August or September and she isn’t so insistent on walleye fishing.

5. Mean Gene

Well, I guess goose hunters would work too. ;)

I'm up for trying to put something together is there's interest. we used to have a "get together" in Northern California that was a great event, then it just petered out. What would you guys suggest as a time frame to shoot for?

6. BirdJ

Now I'm starting too wonder if your wife and my girl friend aren't related??????:l

7. dan_sd

dan_sd Senior Refuge Member

I would agree either very early spring or late summer.

8. Mean Gene

So, September for late?

Hey, on another note this morning I read about catching salmon in Lake Oahe. I had no idea they even existed out there. :tu

brentbullets likes this.
  9. BirdJ

They have been here for a good while now Gene!!!!! Have had some toads caught here and state records broke! Numbers have gone way down the last couple of years though thanks to the SD. Fisheries Dept. not stocking any salmon since the flood back in 2011 and the same thing with walleyes!:mad: They finally did both this summer finally!!! A lot too late if you ask me!!!!

10. Mean Gene

Well bummer. Maybe they'll come back. On a brighter note I got a lot of good information on the fishing around my area and I'm looking forward to trying that out. I'm pretty sure we'll have a good stock of filets by summer. :)

BirdJ likes this.