South Dakota Hunt

Discussion in 'Turkey Hunters Forum' started by rrduckhnt, May 8, 2017.

1. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

If any of y'all know Randy, y'all know he had a good time!

I remember vividly 2 years ago, after he got his second KS bird, he turned on the "drinkin' light" (not that it hadn't already been lit for the subsequent nights, but that doesn't really matter, now does it?). Anywho, by about dinner, he was pretty well lit. Within 30 minutes after dinner, he was doing the "dying ****roach" in the middle of the floor. He had tried to flop down in a recliner, and that SOB didn't even attempt to break his fall. We were on the other side of the little island in the kitchen from him, and we heard a loud BANG, and all we could see was arms and legs floppin. I about laughed until I cried. And that was only the beginning of the night!

I won't give all the details of that night (nothing dirty), but that guides cute little wife said she had never seen a show like "them Alabama boys", and she had never seen anyone with as much "character" as Randy. We still ain't sure exactly what that meant... :l

I've got stories for days on Randy's clumsiness. It's epic. :tu

2. noladucks

noladucks Senior Refuge Member

I pm'd rr and am awaiting a response, but if anyone has info on the reservations I'm very interested thanks.

3. Larsen's Labs

Larsen's Labs Elite Refuge Member

What kind of info are you looking for?

4. noladucks

noladucks Senior Refuge Member

outfitters that people have used, where they stayed (lodging), general experience (good/bad)

5. JDK

JDK Moderator Moderator Flyway Manager

Congrat's on the Hunt and great story and pictures.

6. Larsen's Labs

Larsen's Labs Elite Refuge Member

I suspect the majority of the SD turkey guides are based on the various reservations in SD. I don't know whether the tribal seasons are scheduled to coincide with the state season or not but the state season ends Sunday night. Each reservation may have their own seasons but the local one starts earlier for deer and runs longer if you are a tribal member. You would have to contact each of the reservation's game and fish departments for specific information. The turkey population seems to be on the upswing throughout the state although the state season doesn't always indicate that!! LL

7. stevena198301

stevena198301 Elite Refuge Member

Rrduckhnt is in PA this week chasing birds. Doubt he's on here. He's having a helluva time with it this year though!

8. rrduckhnt

rrduckhnt Senior Refuge Member

I sent you PM reply................